Advise Please :-)

NurseBrandy
on 10/12/13 11:33 pm
Ok here's my scoop... I had sugery on Sep 23rd. Had my two week check up this past Tuesday. SW 258. Down to 243. Got the ok from my DR to start back at the gym on Tuesday. Everyday since then I go to the gym and do 40-60 min of cardio.( mixed up treadmill, elliptical and bike). I know I shouldn't weigh daily, but I have been. Scale says 244.4 everyday. I'm getting in 60-90 grams of protein in per day, and approx 7-8 cups of water. I am still on puréed food so I have about 1/4-1/2 cup of soup for lunch and dinner. I'm following all of the rules set by my Dr. I've heard about the 2 week stall, but I feel like I haven't lost enough to even hit a stall yet please help. I'm darned and determined to continue my gym routine and feel like I'm eating/drinking what I should. Everyday I'm trying to get more water in. Advise encouraged please thank you!
changingmomma
on 10/13/13 12:32 am
You are going to make yourself go crazy weighing yourself everyday. There are so many variables that can fluctuate daily weights. Try weighing yourself every week or 2 and you will see the pounds melt off. Also, your routine sounds great! You will see the pounds shed in no time! 😄
karin602
on 10/13/13 12:37 am - MD
RNY on 07/30/13

With all your exercising up your water intake as well. I was just at the ER yesterday getting IV fluids.  I was exercising an hour on the treadmill as well as going on the bike and coming out dripping.  Kept my water intake to the 64 oz. and still ended up dehydrated.  As to the stall I was in one as well.  It will pass.  No one can predict when and for how long but if you stay off the scale for a week youll probably be amazed at your progress when you do get on it again.

Karin

(deactivated member)
on 10/13/13 1:12 am

Stay of the scale it becomes an addiction.

scoobyluvr1
on 10/13/13 1:18 am
RNY on 10/21/13
Be patient...keep doing what you are doing. Drink more water. The weight will come off. :)

~Ronda~  

Can you hear me now? Only on R&R 3.0 PM me for an invite!

TXKashmir
on 10/13/13 1:48 am - Grand Prairie, TX

You want my advice? You already gave it to yourself - stay off the darn scale! As long as you follow the rules, you will be fine. What is that weird part of the brain that makes some people think they will be the first person in all of history to have RNY and not lose weight? Losing the weight is the easy part - keeping it off is the struggle. However, as you are following the rules and learning new eating habits, you should do just fine. Quit focusing on the numbers, and enjoy all the real life benefits that you will be enjoying very soon!

Debbie
Keeping track of my progress without a scale...Starting size: 28-Current size: 6-Goal size: 14

sand SAND...it's not a club...it's a frame of mind...

PetHairMagnet
on 10/13/13 8:13 am
RNY on 05/13/13

Just keep on keeping on and you'll find the scale does drop all of a sudden. You are doing the right things and it WILL come off. :)

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

NurseBrandy
on 10/13/13 12:24 pm
Thank you everyone
Ocalasam
on 10/14/13 4:44 am
RNY on 12/18/12

It's not even a stall. . .usually a stall lasts a month or longer, however, I feel your frustration!  It stinks when you are putting in the work and it's not melting off.  I promise it will!!!  You are a lightweight, for one thing.  You won't loose the massive weight in the beginning that others do.  My starting weight was 256.  I am 10 months out on Friday and I have lost 105 pounds so far.  I felt very discouraged in the beginning, thinking I was a "slow loser."  Just remember, it's not a race.  The weight will come off.  Stay off the scale!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 409 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 419 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 404 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views