1 week out -What kind if exercises. help, please

Catie780
on 10/22/13 7:17 pm

I am full of energy. Still sore getting up and down and during twisting movements but really don't know what excercise I should do. Where to start. I walked 2+ hours around amusement park and felt great one day. Walked mall shopping and in and out of car to lots of errands for 4 hours.
But what kind and level after walking????
saterry
on 10/22/13 7:34 pm - IN
Revision on 10/03/13

I am so  jealous ! I am a little over 3 weeks out and no way could I do that much !

Must be the ear lobe push ups !?!?! haha

I think we can walk at out own pace while listening to our bodies. Go for it !!

SRVG 1997 SW 301   Revision to RNY 10/3/13 SW 247 GW 130  Ht 5'8

Catie780
on 10/22/13 8:14 pm
On October 23, 2013 at 2:34 AM Pacific Time, saterry wrote:

I am so  jealous ! I am a little over 3 weeks out and no way could I do that much !

Must be the ear lobe push ups !?!?! haha

I think we can walk at out own pace while listening to our bodies. Go for it !!

I know I am lucky to be able to do it. I have had a luv hate relationship with carbs and really think my staying away from carbs-even though I am only on full liquids- is the best for me. I haven't had yogurts because I don't want the carbs at all. I drink Atkins shakes all day super low carb-2!!!!. My inflammation issues are GONE!! I don't feel my arthritis at all :/) please- no jinx I drink isopure zero carb because I am afraid of the carbs in other protein drinks/shakes. I am SO AFRAID of going down that carb road again.
Take care.
Stacyjanp
on 10/22/13 8:39 pm - NC
RNY on 09/30/13

At one week out, I would concentrate on protein and getting fluids in first.

Walking is super, but give your body time to heal before worrying about more exercise.

I am three weeks out and walk on the treadmill three times a week and do some light weight training.

At one week, I just walked and kept a good eye on my fluids.

I wouldn't do too much to soon.

Just my humble opinion.

Highest Weight 225. Day of Surgery Weight 212.

Catie780
on 10/22/13 10:34 pm
Thanks. Ya know. I feel so great I sometimes forget my intestines were cut snd down in various places. I need to remember that the surgery has to heal. It's not all about pushing myself.

I will keep walking and use some light weight hand weights for arm muscles and get my protein in and drink water.

Heah, that's a lot. I really got caught up in the "honeymoon thinking"and wanted to maximize because I'm always thinking these little successes will all be gone in a flash. Fear is funny that way. But we ve all BTDT and loss momentum after 2good weeks, or gained without even knowing my and got so discouraged or gained after a holiday screw up! I forget that my new tool is different than the diet/excercise programs in the past.
Thanks, so much. I needed to be a little grounded. Have a great day!!
Melanie C.
on 10/22/13 11:32 pm

I'm pre-op, But I have had a lot of surgeries, including lap band. I can't believe you are just a week out and have already walked an amusement park! That is amazing, I understand your excitement of less pain and more energy, but you need to let everything heal. Please becareful!

(deactivated member)
on 10/23/13 1:21 am

I am glad you posted this.I had my surgery last Thursday and I keep questioning in my head if they did anything while they were in there. I have the stitches but I am just now a little sore getting up and down.I don't have as much energy as you but everyone is different. The only thing I am doing now is walking.Yesterday I added going up and down the stairs. I don't want to over do it. I would get a pedometer and use that to see how far you are walking so you have an idea.If you are looking for any other protein shakes I like Pure Protein they have 35 g of protein and 1 carb.You can actually by just one at the vitamin shop and try it.Best of luck to you.

BWB
on 10/23/13 1:43 am

Your surgeon's PA will tell you when to start really harder exercises.  Until then keep walking and not too much else.  It was probably 10 to 12 weeks before I was given to go for gym and a full release.

robynimac229
on 10/23/13 2:24 am
RNY on 08/21/13

Wow, at one week out I was back in the hospital for 10 days. I am now  months post surgery and I too am Jealous. I still don't really go out and shop, it hurts too much from all my complications. I look forward to a month from now when I should be pretty much healed up and begin exercising again.

Good luck and I am happy for you and I wish you continued success.

Robyn

HW 249 -  CW 158 - GW 115  Blog: http://robynsweightlossjourney.blogspot.com/

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Member Services
on 10/23/13 2:26 am - Irvine, CA

Congratulations on your surgery and the beginning of the rest of your healthy life.  Check with your surgeon and go by what they say this early out  

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 505 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 472 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 417 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 422 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 132 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?