rejecting sutures

TammyH968
on 10/17/13 1:13 pm - Wichita Falls, TX

Sorry I am posting this in this forum.  But its hard to get answers in the plastics forum.  Some back ground on me.  I had my RNY may 13 2011.  Lost 96 pounds and still losing all though it is slow.  And I had my plastics done Feb 5th of this year.  I had the Fleur de lis and was doing really well until about a month ago. I started having s sticky feeling around my incision that goes down about 2 inches below my belly button.  Talked to my surgeon and he said i could be rejecting the internal sutures they put in place to keep things muscles tone.  My question is has anyone heard of this and what did you have to do to get rid of the pain.  The pain feel like I have had surgery.  I am limited on what I can do and its driving me crazy.  The only thing the Doc said was to let it go a few weeks to see if it fixes it self and if not we would do surgery as a last resort.  Well that has been a month ago.  I go back to surgeon the 4th of Nov and I am going to bring it back up to him then.  Just wanted to know if any one else had this happen to them and what they did to help.  Sorry this is long just wanted to make sure I got it all in and possilbly understandable.  Thank you for any help you can give me it will be greatly appreciated.

Tammy

PetHairMagnet
on 10/17/13 9:24 pm
RNY on 05/13/13
Sorry, no help, but hope you get this resolved quickly!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

H.A.L.A B.
on 10/17/13 9:47 pm
Sometime when the area start healing - the nerves are healing and may become supper sensitive. I had normal LBL and app 2-5 months post op I dealt withe burning like pain in my scars... But I did not need musclerecoonstructive surgery - so thed pain -burning was only skin deep. My stitches were dissolvable - but I had small sharp pieces coming out probably during first year..(partially dissolved - into small - needle like pieces- ) I know my friend developed allergy to her stitching and had another surgery to remove some and the area redone.
I know that benadryl at night helped with itching and burning. For app 2-3 months I took Tylenol during ther day and a small dose of narcs and benadryl every night.
I hope your issue get resolved.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

dessalves
on 10/18/13 1:30 am

Well I am having the same problem, but with the RNY not with the plastic surgery. My doctor gave me some anti-inflammatory and since then I had no pain but it is so annoying!! My incisions don't seem to stay closed and this keeps me from doing a lot of things as well. I am 3 months out and I was not able to start exercising yet. It is driving me crazy but my doctor said that we had to wait a little more and if the incisions keep opening I'll have to get rid of the internal stitches, but it can't be done yet because it is not properly healed. But at least with the pills I took I am not in pain anymore.

TammyH968
on 10/18/13 1:42 am - Wichita Falls, TX

Thank you for the responses.  Hala what you described sounds alot like the way I feel.  Its a sticking, burning, pain.  The way we feel after having surgery.  I have pain meds but they only work for a short time.  I will talk to doctor on the 4th and get this resolved.  I am tired of hurting and ready to get back to feeling good again.  Will keep you posted on how it works out. 

Thanks again,

Tammy

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 544 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 527 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 416 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 299 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?