Week 3 stall... or week 2

gtrdyfor50
on 10/22/13 11:30 pm
RNY on 10/08/13
I am new here since the weekend and have been reading so much, this board is really helpful. I learned about the "week 3" stall from you guys. Well, I have a week 2 stall, have been stalled at the same weight for a week now, and I am 2 weeks and 1 day out from surgery.

How long did your early stall last?

Thanks!

Member Services
on 10/23/13 2:29 am - Irvine, CA

Hang in there and keep following your food plan it will happen.  Give your surgeon's office a call and share your food journal with the dietician and they may have some suggestions and or input.  

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

(deactivated member)
on 10/23/13 2:32 am

I am 5 weeks from surgery and have lost 20 lbs.  I feel like it is so slow and I'm frustrated because I'm not seeing the weight come off as quickly as I expected.  I lost 10 lbs. the first week and only 10 lbs in the next 4 weeks.  Am I doing something wrong?  Is there a way to jump start the weight loss?  I exercise 45 minutes 5 days/week, eat 50-70 gms. of protein/day, but have a hard time getting more than 40 oz. fluids.  Any suggestions.  Thanks for any input.  Judy

laura343
on 10/23/13 3:04 am

My stall happened at week 5 and lasted to week 8.  i lost 43 pounds and then whomp whomp for almost a month.  The scale has finally started to move again for me in the last couple days and now i am at 46 pounds down.  

These stalls can be very frustrtqing and from what i have read in these blogs the can happen at different times for different lengths.  Just hang in there and keep doing what you are supposed to be doing and it will move again.  

i have to keep reminding myself this is a life change/goal not a right now change.

jamienichols22
on 10/23/13 3:57 am - MI

There is not a set amount or time frame in which you will lose the weight as everyone's body is different. The stalls are your body trying to catch up to all the changes that are happening. One thing I have learned is don't pay attention to the scale so much especially if you are working out, take your measurements and keep a record because even though the scale isn't moving I bet the inches are dropping :) Keep on track with your food plan and it will start coming off again as your body adjusts to the new changes. Very important to sip,sip,sip during the day because water helps flush out the fat from the cells as well. You ladies are doing an awesome job, keep up the hard work and as your body adjusts it will start showing on the scale again.

Jamie Nichols

HW:321    CW:263   GW:125 

I am a tiger who is earning her stripes!! 

cajungirl
on 10/23/13 4:28 am

It varies, just stay the course.  My experience was no weight loss from week 3-5 then on the first day of week 6 I lost 6 lbs overnight. 

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

gtrdyfor50
on 10/23/13 4:59 am
RNY on 10/08/13
Thanks so much for your replies!

Mo Diggity
on 10/23/13 11:11 am - poughkeepsie, NY
RNY on 07/03/13

My "stall" happened at 2 weeks also, it only lasted 2 weeks. But I think an actual stall is for 3 or more weeks. I think this is just our bodies reacting to the shock to our system. Just don't get frustrated and stray from the diet.... you'll see results soon enough !!

Maureen Tired of Living my Life in the Dark

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 411 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 355 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 419 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 404 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 0 replies · 2 views