Calories!?

aprilchanel
on 10/24/13 11:41 am
How many calories is safe to consume 2 months out , and what kinds of food to eat please give examples like , Breakfast, lunch and Dinner? Because I really don't eat much I have no appetite at all I probably eat 250-300 calories a day but its mostly protein shakes

poet_kelly
on 10/24/13 11:46 am - OH

300 or less seems like way too little at two months out.  How many protein shakes do you drink a day?  Are you getting enough protein on so few calories?  What does your dietician recommend?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

aprilchanel
on 10/24/13 12:06 pm
I drink 3 -4 shakes a day sometimes but far as solid food nothing really I can't eat any meat what so ever I do eat salad , yogurt but its like the only thing my pouch allows and believe me I have tried a lot of different things but always brings them right back up , the only thing I can hold down is salad, yogurt , protein shakes and (1) pc of toast that's it oh and cabbage that's all ;(

poet_kelly
on 10/24/13 12:13 pm - OH

What protein shakes are you using that three or four of them gives you only 250 to 300 calories?  Most protein shakes have at least 100 calories, and that's if you mix the protein powder with water.  If you mix it with skim milk, you can easily make a shake with at least 200 calories.  I don't understand why you're getting so few calories if you drink three or four shakes a day.

What does your surgeon say about your inability to get most food down?

I understand meat doesn't work, but what about cottage cheese?  Sliced cheese?  Beans?  Tofu?  Veggie burgers?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

PetHairMagnet
on 10/24/13 9:08 pm
RNY on 05/13/13
On October 24, 2013 at 7:13 PM Pacific Time, poet_kelly wrote:

What protein shakes are you using that three or four of them gives you only 250 to 300 calories?  Most protein shakes have at least 100 calories, and that's if you mix the protein powder with water.  If you mix it with skim milk, you can easily make a shake with at least 200 calories.  I don't understand why you're getting so few calories if you drink three or four shakes a day.

What does your surgeon say about your inability to get most food down?

I understand meat doesn't work, but what about cottage cheese?  Sliced cheese?  Beans?  Tofu?  Veggie burgers?

Same questions here. The lowest calorie shakes I know are 160 calories for 30 grams and triple or quadruple that and you are at the top range for where I was calorie wise 2 months out.

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Mo Diggity
on 10/24/13 3:55 pm - poughkeepsie, NY
RNY on 07/03/13

Yeah, I'd ask the surgeon's office what they think. At about 2 months out, I told the nurse at a post-op appt that I was averaging 400-550 calories/day... and she said THAT was too low, that I should be aiming more for about 700.

Maureen Tired of Living my Life in the Dark

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 489 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 455 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 458 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 45 replies · 417 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 116 views