Just under 2 weeks out and had real food.

Catie780
on 10/26/13 12:21 pm
I am shifting into puréed from full liquid after having to stop milk n milk based proteins. I had "tuna salad." I broke up the tuna with a fork and mixed in chicken broth and a little mayo. I smashed and smashed and got yet to look like liquidy oatmeal. I enjoyed it and had no pain at all ! I am so happy I tolerated it.
I really wanted to stick with my Atkins RTD shakes but they upset me. Now to know I may have my watery tuna my favorite go to protein. Thanks go listening.
PetHairMagnet
on 10/26/13 12:24 pm, edited 10/27/13 10:07 pm
RNY on 05/13/13

Glad you were able to tolerate it! Tuna vexes me, big time!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

happygrandma
on 10/26/13 12:30 pm - Highland, MI
RNY on 12/17/12

A lot of people seem to have trouble with tuna.  I eat it quite often, it's always there in case I don't plan ahead for a meal.  I mix it with a little mayo and about 1/2 tsp of pickle relish.

Try different shakes, you'll find some you can tolerate.  I do the Pure Protein, always ready and easy.  Just go slowly on the new stuff you add, hopefully you won't have any problems.

Linda

TurnThePage
on 10/26/13 3:05 pm

Sprinkle tuna with shredded cheese and microwave for an instant tuna melt.

Minasbiz
on 10/27/13 4:38 am - Escondido, CA
You are lucky I'm 3 weeks post op and I am trying other proteins but sit like a rock in my stomach so I'm back to shakes I've tried several shakes and EAS Myoplex seem to be good for me, they come in a 4 pack and have either 23 or 42 grams of protein they aren't to sweet and are pretty satisfying or if shakes aren't your thing try Isopure you can pick up at GNC they are on the pricey side $4.25 per bottle but they come in a 20 oz bottle and in several flavor its more like a sports drink( Gatorade type ) down side is it is in glass bottle but you can also get in a powder and mix it yourself.
debbysjourney
on 10/27/13 6:13 am
RNY on 10/14/13

oooh, love the tuna melt idea!  Haven't tried tuna yet, will be 2 weeks post-op tomorrow, but ok'd to have it.  Everything so far is going down fine fore me.....eggs, deli turkey, deli ham, cheese, refried beans and cottage cheese.  So far that's as far as I've went.  Oh yea, and just last night Gorton's frozen fish fillet's (cajun spice).

Debbie  

mani_heart
on 10/28/13 1:13 am
RNY on 03/18/13

Oh I recall the first couple bites of "real" food.  I was on liquids for 2 weeks after surgery.  Mine was egg....  egg never tasted so good!!  

Take it slow with trying new foods. 

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 488 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 453 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 458 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 45 replies · 416 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 114 views