small progress

Heather3Lynn
on 10/28/13 10:26 am - MD
RNY on 08/06/13
I exercised yesterday and today. It was the first time since Jeff (my husband) died on September 4. I have also been taking most of my vitamins. My eating is still a bit off track, but it is coming along. I have lost about 60 pounds since my surgery on August 6. I think pre surgery, I would have turned to food, but I couldn't keep anything solid down for weeks. Anyway, thank you to those who offered support and advice. HopefullyI can still get where I want to go.
Mary Catherine
on 10/28/13 10:52 am

Losing your life partner to death is very hard.  If you have not already, please look into grief counselling.  It helped me so much when my husband died four years ago.

Exercise is good and will be even better if you can find a friend to do it with you.  One of my friends is also widowed and we walk and talk together.

I think of Joe as being in a better place with no pain anymore.  Take care of yourself and get through this one day at a time.

acochran
on 10/28/13 10:53 am - GA

Hugs! Such a tough time for you ! You are doing great!

scoobyluvr1
on 10/28/13 11:04 am
RNY on 10/21/13
I just wanted to say I am so sorry for your loss.

~Ronda~  

Can you hear me now? Only on R&R 3.0 PM me for an invite!

PetHairMagnet
on 10/28/13 11:06 am
RNY on 05/13/13
I hope that you will see a grief counselor-that is a huge loss to bear without someone to help you navigate it.

Hugs to you!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

The Salty Hag
on 10/28/13 11:54 am
RNY on 05/20/13
I'm so glad you posted. I was wondering about you the other day.
It's great that you are taking your vitamins and are taking care of yourself. You are doing a wonderful job.
Hugs going out!

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

Professor Sonja!!!!
on 10/28/13 1:27 pm - Miami, FL
RNY on 08/15/12

My sincerest condolences.  

Come keep it real in R&R 3.0 Want an invite? PM me here.

jamienichols22
on 10/28/13 10:16 pm - MI

I am sorry for your loss and I agree that if you can get grief counseling. Maybe one you have someone to talk to about your pain and loss then you will be able to get your food back on track. You can still get to where you want to be you may just have to work a little harder in the beginning. If you ever need someone to talk with I am always a message away. 

Jamie Nichols

HW:321    CW:263   GW:125 

I am a tiger who is earning her stripes!! 

blopez579
on 10/28/13 11:06 pm
RNY on 09/11/13

Congratulations on getting out there and exercising.  It's a first step in getting better.  You are very brave!  I'm sorry you are going through all this.  Please keep us posted.  We care about you and I'm praying for you.

Heather3Lynn
on 10/29/13 12:16 am - MD
RNY on 08/06/13
I have the counselor I stayed song before my surgery, and I am considering joining a support group as well. I am doing so much better than I was though. I think I will be back on track very soon. My issue right now is not enough protein because carbs seem easiet on my stomach, like oatmeal. I am trying to shift back to focusing on protein, but I still get sick pretty frequently.
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 539 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 525 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 413 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 277 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 127 views
Recent Topics