I don't know how much to eat. 2.5 weeks PO

Catie780
on 10/29/13 12:43 pm
I can't seem to get the hang of eating. Twice today while eating ( on purredfoods ) I didn't ever feel full - which I thought I would.

So if we r warned that liquids make somewhat of a slurry which leaves the pouch rather quickly why stay on thin puréed foods? Is that why I don't get to a full feeling?

Scared of food now.
saterry
on 10/29/13 1:08 pm - IN
Revision on 10/03/13

I am 3 weeks and a few days out and have been of full liquids since leaving the hospital.

I eat 2 oz full liquids 3x a day, wait 30min after to start drinking my 20 oz protein shakes.

Each shake has 20-30g protein and I have 3 a day.

I drink 80-110 oz fluids a day.

You don't have a full feeling yet because the nerves to the stomach are cut and need to regenerate.

Some Surgeons, like mine, have us on pureed food a while to allow staple line to heal in the stomach.

You WILL start to have the full feeling just follow your plan.

SRVG 1997 SW 301   Revision to RNY 10/3/13 SW 247 GW 130  Ht 5'8

VintageChick
on 10/29/13 1:22 pm, edited 10/29/13 8:17 pm
I had the same issue. That's why it's important for you to measure your food according to your plan, especially as you progress to solids. I just had 1/2 cup of a thick bean soup, measured, but couldn't fini**** completely. At nearly 6 months out, I definitely get a full feeling, but it feels different, and higher than before. It'll happen in time for you, too. One odd thing - if I ate or drank too much too fast, my nose would start to drip. It still does occasionally. Don't be surprised if that happens. I've seen several posts mentioning the same thing.

lap RNY 5-15-13

Catie780
on 10/30/13 1:11 am
Thanks. That makes sense. I also got the runny nose thing.

I didn't truly measure I just ate chili out of a bowl and before u realized it was 1/2 gone. About 5-6oz. I freaked. Actually hoping for some pain or internal signal. I scared myself. So much. I started to wonder about stretching the pouch that should be healing and how much emptied out because of the liquid nature.

It's no more mindless eating in front if Tv. I will be measuring from now on.

I'm still scared., though.
Mo Diggity
on 10/29/13 3:17 pm - poughkeepsie, NY
RNY on 07/03/13

I think the purpose of the pureeds is also because the pouch is actually healing. Just make sure you measure out your foods (since you don't trust your full feeling yet). I was surprised at how much I was able to eat without feeling full on pureeds, and I was shocked when I ate more dense foods (solids stage), how quickly I got full. You will get there, TRUST me !!

Maureen Tired of Living my Life in the Dark

Catie780
on 10/30/13 1:13 am
Thanks, I am going to remember what you said.

Of course I really want the best loss AsaP but almost more importantly I need to know this amazing & complicated tool is going to do its job if helping me curtail eating.
Tanya L.
on 10/29/13 9:54 pm

I have the opposite problem.  I am 3.5 weeks out & I don't feel hungry at all.  That makes it hard to eat, because I don't feel like eating.  Then I'm always afraid that I'm either eating too much or not enough.

Catie780
on 10/30/13 1:14 am
I have that feeling most days. So that adds to my worry when all of a sudden I gobfrom no interest in food to ohy goodness look at how much chili I just ate.
laura343
on 10/29/13 11:48 pm

Hello.  I am 9 weeks post surgery.  each doctor is different as i was eating soft food in the hospital and still continue to eat soft foods.  I never had to do liquid or puree foods.  

I have yet to feel this "full" feeling everyone is always talking about.  I measure my food out and always feel like i could eat more but i don't.  a lot of times when i am done eating i am still hungry as well.  but eventually the hunger goes away but no full feeling.  it is tough when you don't feel the fullness.  

the general rule from my doctor/nutritionist is that you should be eating in oz what month you are on.  for example, i am in my two month post op so i should be eating 2 oz at each meal.  3 months 3 oz, et****il +6 months when i should continue to eat 6 oz at 6 months and beyond.

I am with you in spirit!  keep doing what you are supposed to be doing and it will work itself out!

Catie780
on 10/30/13 1:17 am
Thanks. Your monthly numbers seem interesting Does it work for you ?
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 486 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 446 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 454 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 397 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 111 views
Forum Search Error & 404