Mexico

cooking123
on 10/26/13 3:58 pm, edited 10/26/13 3:59 pm - Canada

I am hoping some of you can help me I am looking to have Gastric Bypass in Mexico and need some recommendations. Unfortunately price is a huge factor so if you could recommend someone and tell me what they cost I would really appreciate it.

Jostamo
on 10/26/13 5:37 pm

The best way is to research Dr's and then ask for prices via their websites. I had surgery in August, with Dr Valenzuela. She was great. At that time cost was $6300, whi*****luded the 3 nights in a hotel, and 3 nights in the hospital.

robynimac229
on 10/26/13 11:52 pm
RNY on 08/21/13

I too had RNY in Mexico, my surgery wasn't a success the first time and the Dr. had to do a revision 48 hours later. I was in the hospital 5 days instead of the standard 2 and I spent one day in the hotel. My doctor came to see the other patients in the hotel, but never stopped by to see me and he was supposed to removed the last iv tube from my hand. Finally, about 11:00 PM I went ahead and removed it myself so I could get into the chair to sleep.  After arriving home, a week later I was back in the hospital here in Houston for 10 days for a leak inside that was leaking out my incision sites. In hind sight, I almost feel the doctor knew I wasn't a success after the second surgery and leak test, but wanted to send me home anyway and that is why he never engaged in any other conversation or follow-up care with me.

I paid 6500 originally before surgery, but with the complications, I owed the hospital in Mexico another 5300 for the additional days and care I needed in the hospital from my doctors incompetence the first time. At least I didn't owe the doctor any more money for a second surgery. In my case the old saying was true "You get what you pay for" so definitely ask around about the surgeon based on the type of surgery you want.  To be fair, the two men who had surgery when I did where fine, but they had VGS not RNY which the doctor tried to convince me to get in the first place because it was just easier to do, but I needed the RNY so I could get rid of my diabetes.

Good Luck and I hope you find a very competent surgeon and all goes well.

Robyn

HW 249 -  CW 158 - GW 115  Blog: http://robynsweightlossjourney.blogspot.com/

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

april89love
on 10/27/13 1:07 am - NC

I had an excellent experience in Mexico. My doctor taught at UCLA for two years doing the RNY before going back to Mexico to practice. My local doctors are very impressed with his skills. I had an EGD and the doc said it was the best looking pouch she had seen. Dr. Valencia is not super cheap, $12000. That includes transportation to and from airport, surgery, two nights in hospital, medications and follow-up. I stayed in a hotel across the street that was fabulous for a week afterwards because I didn't want to fly so soon after surgery. He was always accessible by phone and email and did house calls most days. Very caring doctor. You do get what you paid for and I am glad I went with him.

Sandy

HW 225, SW 219, GW 140, CW 124

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!  

tdbull
on 10/27/13 1:38 am - WA
RNY on 08/13/13
I had my lap band and now my revision to RNY with gallbladder removal with Dr. Juan Antonio Lopez Corvalla of http://obesitycontrolclinic.com

I am extremely pleased with service, price, hospital and entire staff. They picked me up at San Diego airport, transport to Hospital Angeles, which is a beautiful hospital, did all my pre work, then picked me up at hotel next day for surgery. I think I paid $8500 for band and scar tissue removal, RNY, and gallbladder removal.

I would recommend this surgeon to anyone.
Good luck with your continued research.

Lapband surgery in 2009 -  Revision to RNY August 13, 2013 with gallbladder removal.

HW - (260)   SW - (197)   GW - (135), updated on 1-2-14 to 125lbs  HT 5'5"  Goal reached 3/2/14-revised goal to 120 on 3/9/14   reached 4/6/14             

gentlyonward
on 10/27/13 2:58 am - St. John's, Canada
RNY on 08/17/13 with

I also had surgery in August with Dr. Valenzuela. She was incredible, the staff was super nice and I have ZERO complaints. I couldn't be happier with my experience and results... I think mine was also 6300$...

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 411 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 355 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 419 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 404 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 0 replies · 4 views
Recent Topics