NO WEIGHT LOSS!!!!!!!

aprilchanel
on 10/29/13 6:23 am

I have been at 236 for just about 3 weeks, i power walk 5 days a week for an hour no fatty foods i drink only water, cant eat any meats at all, only eating salads and protein shakes, WHATS WRONG?????????????????????????? HELP i am getting discourage 

poet_kelly
on 10/29/13 6:26 am - OH

Probably nothing is wrong.  Just a stall, which is normal.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

gtrdyfor50
on 10/29/13 6:27 am
RNY on 10/08/13
If it were me, #1 call my Nut, secondly, I might try and change up my intake and get other proteins in and up my calories 100 or 200 a day. You may not be getting enough.

PetHairMagnet
on 10/29/13 8:26 am
RNY on 05/13/13

Did you gain weight every single day? Did you go weeks without gaining? 

You cannot expect more, consistently, in loss than you did in gain. You might GET more, but don't expect more. I remind myself that I maintained the same weight for years at times in my adult life (I actually joked with my doctor that my body was not going above 333 because even when I SERIOUSLY overate at the holidays, I was still 333 at my checkup a few weeks later!) and so I cannot have this expectation of losing daily and for months at a time. 

Slow and steady got me here, slow and steady will get me out of here.

Don't fret and don't give up. But do consult with your nutritionist on your food journal and be sure you are not leaving some essential piece of your plan out. 

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

aprilchanel
on 10/29/13 12:08 pm
Did I mention I'm only 2 months post op As of Nov 3rd And has lost 32 pounds since surgery which was Sept 3.

PetHairMagnet
on 10/29/13 9:24 pm
RNY on 05/13/13
On October 29, 2013 at 7:08 PM Pacific Time, aprilchanel wrote:
Did I mention I'm only 2 months post op As of Nov 3rd And has lost 32 pounds since surgery which was Sept 3.

Further reason not to worry. It is coming off MUCH faster than you put it on, I am sure. Just relax...this is a marathon, not a sprint. 

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

laura343
on 10/30/13 12:02 am

i was 280lbs at my surgery date.  5/6 weeks post op i was down  43 lbs.  from week 6 to week 9 i was at a stall and lost zero although i was doing what i was supposed to be doing.

Do not become frustrated and don't change what you are doing.  we are/have put our bodies through major surgery and it it healing and getting used to the new normal.   These stalls are normal.  mine lasted almost a month and the scale is moving again.  whoop whoop!!!

With a smile on my face i can finally say that the scale is moving and i am now down 50 lbs.  This surgery is already a miracle in itself.  Give yourself time.  you have a lifetime ahead of you not just today or this week!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 42 replies · 316 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 374 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 466 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 380 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 42 replies · 316 views