In Need of Major Redirect

KnittingPoet
on 10/29/13 11:17 am - Raleigh, NC

I made the ultimate mistake... I let other "stuff" get in the way of health.  Work has me so stressed out that I haven't been making it to the gym and I'm slipping into my old pattern of eating (not enough protein, skipping breakfast).  I know what I'm doing wrong and how to fix it.  So, I'm starting by  revisiting this site for motivation and support.  I really want to start my weight loss again.  My friends insist that they are still seeing my body change but I think they're just being nice.  I logged my weight again and I'm up about a pound since my last update in July.  I guess that's not enough to panic over.  I just hate seeing the scale going in the wrong direction.  

I'm getting married August 2, 2014 so I've made that my inspiration.  

I'd love to have some advice about getting back on track from people who have been there.

poet_kelly
on 10/29/13 11:45 am - OH

I think the best way is to just go back to what you know you are supposed to be doing.  You don't need to panic and you don't need to do anything drastic like a liquid diet.  Sometimes it helps me to write things down.  Helps me focus or something.  And then I have it right there in black and white, what I'm going to do.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Sherrie P.
on 10/29/13 11:51 am
RNY on 02/06/13

HEY!!

I live very close to you :-)  I had my surgery at Duke.  You?

You have lost a lot -- don't give up.  

When was your surgery?

Revision Lapband to RNY 2-6-2013   HW: 286  Pre-Op Diet: 277  Surgery Day: 265  Goal: 155  CW: 155

Plastic surgery 8/28/2014: Brachioplasty, mastopexy, & abdominoplasty.

Plastic surgery 1/27/2015: Butt Lift

KnittingPoet
on 10/29/13 12:19 pm - Raleigh, NC
I had my surgery in Durham on June 7, 2012. Are you in Durham?

Member Services
on 10/29/13 12:06 pm - Irvine, CA

It sounds like you already know what to do but here is some information that we hope you find helpful:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/articles/bariatric-regain/

http://www.obesityhelp.com/articles/you-gained-some-weight-f our-simple-steps-to-get-back-on-track/

http://www.obesityhelp.com/articles/common-dietary-struggles-and-how-to-deal-with-them/

Best wishes and keep posting, we look forward to your next update!

Katie K.
on 10/29/13 7:35 pm - Maitland, FL
RNY on 06/25/13
I have a protein drink for breakfast. I drink it on the way to work. It only takes a minute to make, and no extra time to consume.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 411 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 355 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 419 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 404 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 0 replies · 1 views
Recent Topics