3 weeks out pain behind incisions hernia ?

Catie780
on 11/5/13 9:12 am
Hi all. I am having pain behind two incisions near BB. Hurts when I bend even a little. Hurts when I sit and or stand. How do you know if its a hernia. Went to primary dr today. He said he feels s bump. Lets wait until the incisions/scabs fully heal and see. I have FU appt with surgeon at 7 week spots op - so that is 4 weeks away. Ouch.

Should I go to surgeon earlier. Like tomorrow. Abdominal soon ?
I have to follow up with gastroent. Should he be the one I make look at it?

Any help would be appreciated.
Beyl689
on 11/5/13 10:25 am - Gonzales, LA
RNY on 07/11/13
I had pain under one of my incisions about one week post op. It had a bump under it and started to get larger. I went and had an ultrasound when it was a small bump and they didn't see anything. After it got bigger I could kinda cup the lump in my hand and it hurt so bad to even stand straight up so I went to the er and my doctor ended up having to open up the incision bc there was a hematoma or a collection of blood under the incision. It was under so much pressure that it come shooting out as soon as he opened it (tmi) and it immediately felt relief!! I'd keep an eye on it and if it gets any bigger because at this point they say that is more common that a hernia if you're only 2 weeks out. That's what they told me at least bc I was convinced it was a hernia.

(deactivated member)
on 11/5/13 10:29 am

If you think it maybe a hernia be careful lifting things.

Catie780
on 11/5/13 11:48 pm
Thanks girls. I will be careful n keep an eye on it.
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 368 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 339 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 389 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 401 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 339 views