I feel a little guilty

Katie K.
on 11/9/13 11:23 pm, edited 11/9/13 11:25 pm - Maitland, FL
RNY on 06/25/13
I post my weight loss on Facebook. Every now and then my aunt will praise me on my hard work. I haven't had any hard work yet. That comes in a year or so when maintenance starts. I don't want to seem ungrateful by correcting her, but I don't feel like I deserve praise. I'm fine with congratulations, but I'm at that stage where I don't feel the way I look. I still feel like my before picture. I haven't updated my ticker in a while. I'm at 200.4, down 83.6 pounds from HW. I was in onederland for two days, but you know how daily weighing goes.

ETA: I count my weight loss from the beginning of my journey, three months pre-op.

Ladytazz
on 11/9/13 11:39 pm

I don't know if she is over the top with her praise but you deserve praise.  You made the decision to have WLS.  You took the steps which couldn't have been easy.  You endured surgery and recovery which is never a walk in the park and now you are changing the way  you eat which is monumental  What's not to praise?  I know it's embarrassing but if she means well you can thank her and give yourself a pat on the back as well.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Katie K.
on 11/9/13 11:49 pm - Maitland, FL
RNY on 06/25/13
She means well and wasn't over the top. It's just my reaction.

karin602
on 11/9/13 11:42 pm - MD
RNY on 07/30/13

To have lost almost 84 pounds takes a commitment to make life changes.  Yes, the surgery gave you a tool but you had to put that tool to work.  Maybe you aren't hungry like before but you still had to make food choices.  There are some that have had the surgery and have not made any life changes - pushing the envelope to see if they could eat that cookie or ice cream and then deem the surgery unsuccessful.  You are to be congratulated!  CONGRATULATIONS and keep up the good work!

Karin

Katie K.
on 11/9/13 11:49 pm - Maitland, FL
RNY on 06/25/13
Well, I *did* survive the big Halloween party at work. Tables and tables of things I can't have. Except cheese I had two pieces of cheese.

auntieudee
on 11/10/13 12:18 am - AZ
RNY on 08/13/13

Well, I understand about cheese. It is a hard thing for me to resist too, but at the same time it has a lot of protein, and is actually a very healthy snack.

Props to you BTW! That is a LOT of weight loss, so be damn proud of yourself.

I know it is hard to start seeing yourself differently. It definitely takes time.

One day I feel like the sexiest person on the planet, and the next, I look in the mirror and think, "I haven't lost any weight", or even some days I think, "I have gained weight"! What?!

I personally only weigh myself every 2-4 weeks. I know I should weigh myself more often, but when I did the daily thing, I started getting really angry with myself, and even my surgeon. I actually started thinking that he really didn't do the surgery. Really? LOL

I wouldn't recommend going more than a week without weighing yourself, but if you really want to notice the changes, screw the scale and start taking measurements about twice a week! If you are not already doing that, then you will find that the numbers will blow your mind. 

Again, congrats, and keep up the good work. You really are doing more than you think you are! 

RNY completed on Aug. 13th, 2013

Life is good & getting better! 

Laura in Texas
on 11/10/13 12:25 am

I'm not sure facebook is the right place to brag about your loss. This website is.

Be careful. People do not like braggers.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Katie K.
on 11/10/13 12:56 am - Maitland, FL
RNY on 06/25/13
I have a separate account for WLS. Only people who might be interested are friends there. I also use that account for the Kienbock's group that I joined, mainly so it doesn't get lost in my main account. I don't consider it bragging when I've had a two to three week stall.

Justcallmesuz
on 11/10/13 1:13 am
RNY on 05/08/13

I guess I see it different. It's been work for me since day one. We are given a tool yes, however, it's up to us if we use that tool correctly or not. I have lost 94 pounds not only because of my tool, but also with the choices I make each day. It is work, and you should be congratulated on your hard work!

HW~278

CW~131

GW~160

dessalves
on 11/10/13 2:55 am

I agree!! It takes work and good choices because it is really easy to cheat...

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 514 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 473 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 425 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 335 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?