Sorry TMI. Diarrhea after taking store brand of mucinex

netnay
on 11/2/13 3:46 pm
RNY on 03/27/13
I have been sick with sinus issues for the past week. A few days ago I bought the off brand mucinex. Ever since then I have been having diarrhea. I have not eaten a lot in the past week but I honestly think it is the medicine that is giving me the trots. I have never had this happen. Has anyone else went through this?

'View

H.A.L.A B.
on 11/2/13 10:23 pm
Depends if it is liquid or pills. The fillers or added stuff may maker you sensitive. Or the drainning from the sinuses..

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

PetHairMagnet
on 11/3/13 1:28 am
RNY on 05/13/13

The mucus causes serious diarrhea in one of my boys when he takes Mucinex...store brand or not. 

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 489 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 455 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 458 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 45 replies · 417 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 114 views
Forum Search Error & 404