Neurocardiogenic - anyone else?

karin602
on 11/6/13 1:20 am - MD
RNY on 07/30/13

I've posted a couple of times about my vertigo and surgeon says this is what's happening.  Getting tired of not getting around and really scared to go anywhere. Tried going across the parking lot yesterday to get into work and got about 10 feet from the car and started with the light headedness and now its progressed to shaking as well.  Managed to get down to the ground and boss and co-worker came and helped me up and to the building.  Of course my boss then called my daughter to come and get me.  Have to have a tilt table test but now have to also see the cardiologist. Nothing is fast either - see the ENT finally next Wednesday and the card. next Thurs. It is getting so frustrating and feel so stuck!  I am taking the meclizine every 6 hrs., drinking lots of fluids - at least 100 oz., trying to up the salt per the surgeon.  Feeling exhausted despite long hours asleep - Saturday was like 16 hours.  Anyone else out there experienced this?  If so any suggestions?  

BTW - changed primary doctors after all the bad experiences at my former one.  Monday when my daughter went in the doc said, oh, is she dizzy again - there's nothing we can do and she knows that.  UGH!  She drove me immediately to the new docs' office, went in and got the paperwork to change.  They had it by that afternoon.

Karin

PetHairMagnet
on 11/6/13 1:26 am
RNY on 05/13/13

Oh wow, you've really had a tough time of it. How scary and how awful to have a doctor be so dismissive!  I hope you get some answers/solutions from the upcoming appointments.

HUGS TO YOU!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

karin602
on 11/6/13 1:28 am - MD
RNY on 07/30/13

Thanks!

Karin

cindyj578
on 11/10/13 1:41 pm - Saint Cloud, FL
VSG on 03/08/07 with

Hi, I am so sorry that you are having to deal with this.  I started with this in 2009.  I had no idea what was wrong.  I am a flight attendant and was falling on my passengers.  That is when I really had to find out what was wrong.  I happened to be in the cardiologist and he said:  "Let me take your pulse."  He took my pulse sitting.  It was 56.  Then he took it standing and it was 122 and climbing.  If I didn't sit down I would pass out.  Or get very light headed and weak.  I was diagnoised with POTS.  Postural Orthostatic tachycardia syndrome.  Unfortunately, I have never gotten better.  I am now on disablility.  I love in Florida and go to see a doctor at Vanderbilt in Nashville, Tn.  It is very hard  to find a good doctor that knows how to deal with this.  If you do have POTS, you will need a good doctor.  If I can be of help, please let me know. 

Cindy 

karin602
on 11/11/13 2:56 am - MD
RNY on 07/30/13

Thanks for the info - I see the cardiologist this Thursday.  I am hoping it is self limiting and goes away!  Surgeon believes it is the neurocardiogenic syndrome but I will need a tilt table test to confirm it.  The cardiologist can order that to be done locally at the hospital here.  Surgeon is about 2 to 2 1/2 hrs. away so local is good.  He advised increased salt and fluids for the moment.  I do pretty good at home until about 2:00 when I am really fatigued.  A nap is almost mandatory - as well as getting to bed almost right after dinner.  I will definitely discuss the possibility of POTS Thursday.  I hope you are having a good day - and not falling down!

Karin

cindyj578
on 11/11/13 7:29 am - Saint Cloud, FL
VSG on 03/08/07 with

Hey Karin, I fall all the time, nothing new. LOL......but seriously, it isn't a pleasant situation. Do you mean, neurocardiogenic syncope?   I had the tilt table test and failed.  Just please ask the physicians to check you pulse sitting and then upon standing.  That will pretty much rule out POTS.  I will be praying that you don't have it.  I hope that you are just recovering from your surgery.  Keep me posted and let me know how it goes.  

Cindy