Bariatric support group meeting.

netnay
on 11/7/13 2:18 pm
RNY on 03/27/13
How many of you go to support group meetings? I am 7 months out and I have been to 2 so far. One before my surgery then another one tonight. The meeting is through a different doctor than the one that actually did my surgery. This meeting is closer to my home where as the one through my surgeon is 2 hours away. Anyways, I was glad to see a familiar face there. One of the people I went to school with was in there also. I was wanting to know does anyone besides me find these meetings helpful?

'View

tessahjake
on 11/7/13 6:42 pm - AK
I go. I actually learn a lot and meet new people. And they all know what I'm going through. Sometimes I'm not in the mood. But when I am I like them

HW: 305.4  CW: 275  RNY: 11/4/13      MY BLOG: http://fatchick2healthyhen.blogspot.com/

ebtiger24
on 11/7/13 6:47 pm - AL
RNY on 12/13/12 with

I am nearly 11 months out. I go pretty often. 

Lora R.
on 11/7/13 7:16 pm
RNY on 09/12/13

Planning on attending my first one next week :)

RNY: 9/12/13 HW:  347  SW:  315  CW:  183  BEST THING I EVER DID FOR MYSELF! 

bluroze2013
on 11/7/13 7:26 pm - gainesville , FL
RNY on 10/24/13

There is a support group that meets locally, but I work out of the area and have not been able to attend.  So I utilize this as my support group.

poet_kelly
on 11/7/13 9:56 pm - OH

I participate in a weekly support group via conference call.  I find it really helpful.  It's a small group and the same people usually participate, so we all know each other pretty well, which I think makes it more helpful than a large group with new people always showing up.  I mean, we have a new person now and then, but getting to know each other well helps.  We really focus on providing emotional support, too.  We don't have reps from vitamin companies attending, trying to sell us their products, or things like that.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

netnay
on 11/8/13 3:23 am
RNY on 03/27/13
What is the name of this support group and how would I go about getting into it if I want to? I need extra support and because this other one is 45 minutes away from my house it may not be convenient each time to go there.

'View

poet_kelly
on 11/8/13 3:24 am - OH

We don't have a name.  We meet on Tuesdays from 7:30 to 8:30 pm EST by conference call.  If you're interested, PM me and I can give you more information.  I think it's a really great group!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

cajungirl
on 11/7/13 10:03 pm

I don't go anymore.  I've moved since surgery and most meetings (in person) focus on newbie information not long-term post-ops.  I did find it helpful early out just to be able to talk to others going through the same process.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

karin602
on 11/7/13 10:24 pm - MD
RNY on 07/30/13

I would love to attend one but unfortunately there are none in my vicinity. Nearest one is at least 2 hours away involving heavy traffic, tolls and parking fees.  So I come on here pretty much daily.

Karin

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 428 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 383 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 426 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 287 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 410 views