multivitamin ???? (n Deplin ???)

wendy_fou
on 11/8/13 1:02 am - AR

1.  A few years ago I took a 30 or 45 day sample of one of the Amway vitamins. I had never had a VITAMIN ALONE make me feel better all around - but that one did.

I'm looking to switch my multivitamin. It's okay - just think I can do better.

Does anybody have any recommendations for a great multivitamin (preferably that you actually just felt healthier - more energetic, etc)???

2.  Has anyone added Deplin to your vitamins & how did you like it long-term if you did?

PetHairMagnet
on 11/8/13 3:13 am
RNY on 05/13/13

If you like the Amway one so much, why are you not taking it? And I do not know about the other item, I can say I have never heard of Deplin. 

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

wendy_fou
on 11/8/13 3:25 am - AR

I don't know what kind it was specifically since it was years ago AND I was hoping there was an equivalent I could find & buy here locally somewhere in the flesh.

poet_kelly
on 11/8/13 4:08 am - OH

Without knowing specifically what it was that you took, I have no way of knowing what might be equivalent to it.

However, Centrum, or a generic store brand that is equivalent to Centrum, meets the guidelines set by the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgeon for WLS patients.  I use the Family Wellness brand from Family Dollar.  It's cheap and the ingredients are almost identical to Centrum.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

purpleswingline
on 11/8/13 5:03 am - Fayetteville, AR
RNY on 08/26/13
wendy_fou
on 11/8/13 5:19 am - AR

The last month, I have used the Wal-Mart brand equivalent to one of the Centrums.  I just don't like it - think I can do better.  (Been switching around the last 6 months or so - just don't really have one that gives me that tangible energy boost the Amway vitamin used to.  I mean it was really NOTICABLE - I just can't remember what it was it's been so long!)

poet_kelly
on 11/8/13 5:24 am - OH

A multi doesn't typically do that.  Unless maybe you are really deficient in something.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

wendy_fou
on 11/8/13 5:27 am - AR

This one did (but that was years ago).  I wasn't deficient of anything thing (and I'm not now).  My blood work is beautiful.  Just miss that really "oxygenated" feeling I got when taking that other vitamin years ago. 

hollykim
on 11/8/13 6:03 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
Dr google told me that deplin is rx folic acid

hollykim
on 11/8/13 5:59 am, edited 11/8/13 6:36 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

I googled it and for the one I saw you would need to take 8 a day to get the recommended amount of calcium at 200 mg per one. YOu would have to take a handful of them to get the recommended amount of b12 aT 9 mcg per one tablet. Even then,it iscalcium carbonate,which we dont Bsorb well.Those were the items I looked at,and I think there re betters vits available and maybe it was the sugar in. The Amway that made you feel so good?

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 76 replies · 762 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 335 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 35 replies · 493 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 272 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 90 views
Recent Topics