New Job New Temptations

Washu
on 11/11/13 1:29 am

Wow - I have never worked for an office that had so much food everyday !!! There is a full spread AGAIN today - same Saturday and another couple days last week. I have not faced so much temptation yet since my surgery in May this year. 

It's difficult and it's making me a little frustrated. 

Heading back after lunch and I just will have to stay away from their break room. I'll spend break in the operatory. Cookies/candy/cake/chips/dip/cupcakes/cake/ cake oh did I say cake? OMG there is CAKE everywhere!

Cake :( 

My head is jumbled. :( 

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com  HW 275 SW 253 CW 155 - 5'2" Age 35 RNY 5/10/13

cajungirl
on 11/11/13 1:52 am

Stay away from the cake, lol.  Seriously, think about where you've come and where you want to be.  The cake is not worth it (at this time).  Optimize your weight loss window, later you can have a small piece of cake occasionally.

Think you dump right now..... you do NOT want to experience that feeling at a new job.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

scoobyluvr1
RNY on 10/21/13

Wow that is awful to be faced with such temptation day after day.  It's going to take a lot of willpower on your part but you can do it!  Stay prepared-  bring your own healthy food and snacks and yes if you must avoid the food areas do so.   Keep reminding yourself of how far you've come and where you want to end up, write it down if you must so you can pull it out in moments of weakness to review.  It can be difficult but not impossible. 

~Ronda~  

Can you hear me now? Only on R&R 3.0 PM me for an invite!

Ocalasam
RNY on 12/18/12

That is really hard.  Plan some good meals and snacks ahead of time so you won't be so tempted and stay busy!!!

PetHairMagnet
on 11/11/13 1:53 am
RNY on 05/13/13

Why is there so much food daily? That just seems odd to me. In my workplace we have food catered in for certain meetings, we have food for special holidays (Christmas and Easter typically) and when someone has a 25, 30+ anniversary of working there. But otherwise, not so much.

It seems it is unhealthy for EVERYONE if there is a constant stream of cake and other goodies and does it not cut into productivity to have people gathered and noshing?

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

dmc7117
on 11/11/13 2:15 am - MA
RNY on 09/21/12

My office is similar but I just keep thinking about all the people who looked at it and/or touched it before me and all the potential germs.  For me, it makes it much easier to resist. Good luck!

poet_kelly
on 11/11/13 4:01 am - OH

In a situation like that, I think I would make sure to bring really yummy, really healthy food with me every day.  That way when my coworkers were eating cupcakes, I could enjoy cherry cheesecake Greek yogurt.  When they were eating chips with dip, I could enjoy some salty, crunchy roasted chickpeas.  When they were eating candy, I could enjoy some Blue Diamond butter toffee almonds (it's been a while since I had those, I need to buy me some!).  If I had really tasty stuff for myself to eat, then I wouldn't be tempted by what they had.

And sometimes I'd bring enough of whatever I was making for myself to share.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 487 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 450 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 458 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 410 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 114 views
Forum Search Error & 404