4yrs out.. and now this.. REALLY!!!!!!

Sunshine73
on 11/12/13 12:28 am, edited 11/12/13 12:28 am - Bolingbrook, IL
For some reason my body seems to be rejecting.. having adverse affects from vits. b12 makes me groggy and sleepy. I now take it at night to help me sleep. Amino makes me tired. I can't eat sugar or drink sugary drinks as it causes me to literally go into a short coma. I get lightheaded and my inside my body gets warm like i am getting ill. I lost my insurance about 3yrs ago.. i used to get b12 shots.. now i just do the 5000mcg of sublingual b12 and 2 prenatal vits.. <br />
<br />
uuuugh....
I am GODS child, but still the Devils favorite!!!!  
poet_kelly
on 11/12/13 12:32 am - OH

I'm guessing it's not actually the B12 that's making you groggy but something else in that sublingual.  Is there sugar in it?  You could switch to a different brand. 

I do b12 shots and my insurance doesn't cover them.  Costs me about $9.99 for two doses of b12 (1000 mcg each), plus about 25 cents per syringe, so $5.25 per shot, from Rite Aid.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Sunshine73
on 11/12/13 12:36 am - Bolingbrook, IL
I have taken that brand before, never had any issues until a few months ago.
Oh i didnt know you could do self injections of b12..

I know there is a plastic surgeon that does them here in chicago for $25.00 no insurance. Ill have to ask him what the mcg is.
poet_kelly
on 11/12/13 12:38 am - OH

Oh yeah, it's easy to do them yourself.  You need a prescription for them but it's easy.  And not expensive.  The surgeon probably does 1000 mcg per shot.  That's the usual dose and that's the dose recommended by the ASMBS.  I do them every other week but many people only need them once a month.  I suggest looking into that if the sublingual is causing sleepiness.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

MrsLitch
on 11/12/13 12:40 am - Morris, IL
RNY on 06/04/12

as for the sugar and the coma feeling look up reactive hypoglycemia and see if it explains what you are feeling. I had RH even before the surgery and that is how I explained it to people. That or having Narcoplepsy. If you think that may be the cause it can be controlled by diet.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

5' 3" - HW: 244 SW:234  GW:120 LW: 107 CW:110 Made goal 3/16/13!    

Sunshine73
on 11/12/13 12:48 am - Bolingbrook, IL
On November 12, 2013 at 8:40 AM Pacific Time, MrsLitch wrote:

as for the sugar and the coma feeling look up reactive hypoglycemia and see if it explains what you are feeling. I had RH even before the surgery and that is how I explained it to people. That or having Narcoplepsy. If you think that may be the cause it can be controlled by diet.

I see your in Morris.. heyyy neighbor.. I am at work now in Naperville... I live in Bolingbrook/Oak Park..
H.A.L.A B.
on 11/12/13 1:50 am

you can buy that on line - trim.com

I got that - all included, B12, syringes, and alcohol pads for app $50 for 30 dosages.  good price. My B12 stayed good.. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

purpleswingline
on 11/14/13 8:51 pm - Fayetteville, AR
RNY on 08/26/13

My Bariatric Doc gives me a B12 shot once every 3 months.  My insurance covers it.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 540 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 525 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 413 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 277 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 127 views
Recent Topics