OT - Some fun questions

cajungirl
on 11/15/13 2:02 am

I asked some of these questions on FB the other day.  It was interesting to see the responses so I thought we could do something fun here today.

1.  Do you say Aunt like can't/ant or haunt?

2.  When grocery shopping do you use a cart or buggy or ???

3.  Do you say soda/pop or something else?

4.  Do you read the Sunday sales circular or the sales ads?

5.  Sweet tea, unsweetened tea?  If you drink hot tea do you use cream in it?

6.  What is your favorite cheese?

7.  When you were young what did you think you wanted to do career-wise as an adult?  Did you do it or choose something else?  What is your career choice, and yes a SAHM is a career choice?

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

(deactivated member)
on 11/15/13 2:12 am

I say ant

I use a cart some people from up north say carriage

soda

hot tea with lemon

I don't think I have a favorite cheese I have never meet a cheese I didn't like

I always wanted to be a secretary then I was one after I got married.Then I was a stay at home mom for ten years then I went to school to become a hairdresser at 40 and I should have went when I was 20 but now my husband and I own our own business and I do the marketing for it which I do love.

Patm
on 11/15/13 2:15 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

1 Aunt

2 cart

3 soda

4 the funnies LOL

5 tea with milk NEVER cream

6 laughing cow halipino (can't Spell)

7. I wanted to be a veterinarian. I was told girls do not do that. I was an Optician for many years then did home day care. I am not an administrative Assistant in a department where I basically mother the programmers

kbinaz
on 11/15/13 7:44 am

Wait, they have Laughing Cow jalapeno?  Why didn't I know this?

Gizzys
on 11/15/13 2:25 am - Canada

1.  Ant

2. Cart

3. Pop

4. Neither

5. Iced Tea is sweet tea.  Hot tea with splenda.  NO cream

6. Smoked Gouda - but I really like all cheeses (except limburger...ick)

7. When I was young I wanted to be a teacher.  Went to college to become an administrative assistant.  Now, I am a records assistant (Information Management).

I'm 5 ft 7.5 inches tall... 
 "The best way to predict your future is to create it."                   

~ Unknown       

cajungirl
on 11/15/13 2:34 am

1.  Do you say Aunt like can't/ant or haunt?  Ant

2.  When grocery shopping do you use a cart or buggy or ??? buggy

3.  Do you say soda/pop or something else?  everything is Coke, then there's the next question, What kind?

4.  Do you read the Sunday sales circular or the sales ads?  Ads

5.  Sweet tea, unsweetened tea?  If you drink hot tea do you use cream in it?  Both sweet and unsweetened.  If I go to someone's house I never drink their sweet tea because here it includes about 1 cup of sugar to a gallon of tea.

6.  What is your favorite cheese?  I'm an equal opportunity cheese eater

7.  When you were young what did you think you wanted to do career-wise as an adult?  Did you do it or choose something else?  What is your career choice, and yes a SAHM is a career choice?  I wanted to be a teacher.  Ended up going to college and got my degree in Office Systems (Admin & word processing).  That career choice was obsolete (word processors) within a year or two of me graduating.  I am now an analyst in the oil & gas industry. 

If I were young again and had time to go back for another degree I'd get a BA in accounting.  I love working with numbers and spreadsheets.

(deactivated member)
on 11/15/13 3:15 am

I hate spread sheets.If I listed all of the jobs I had they range from activities director in a nursing home , teachers assistant. I think I liked working with kids and when they worked on writing short stories. One day I will publish something that I wrote.

cajungirl
on 11/15/13 5:24 am

I can work in a spreadsheet all day.  I like designing them (wish I was even more advanced with Excel) and writing formulas.

I answered your PM.  :)

Kelly M.
on 11/15/13 8:48 am - TX

ant

buggy

soda

read no adds, or paper

no tea

all cheese, well most

I always wanted to be a hair stylist, by the time I graduated high school, I had my hair license as well, thats all I ever wanted to do...! And all I ever have done...Love it...

Kelly in Texas   Gastric Bypass   Oct 15 2012  

IrrepressibleSLP,
Mistress of Word...

on 11/15/13 3:19 am, edited 11/15/13 3:20 am - VA
RNY on 10/21/13

I'll play along...

1.  Do you say Aunt like can't/ant or haunt? Ant

2.  When grocery shopping do you use a cart or buggy or ??? Cart - when I moved to the South and first heard someone refer to a cart as a buggy, I had no clue what they were talking about. =)

3.  Do you say soda/pop or something else? Coke...everything else I refer to by name

4.  Do you read the Sunday sales circular or the sales ads? Neither...I am not that into shopping - clothes, grocery, or otherwise...plus, my husband does most of the shopping (score!)

5.  Sweet tea, unsweetened tea?  If you drink hot tea do you use cream in it? Iced tea or sun tea (but a little bit of Splenda added); growing up we made sun tea all the time in the backyard, yum! For hot tea I use a splash of milk and I'm a fan of hot chai tea

6.  What is your favorite cheese? I don't discriminate and pretty much love them all, except for the grainy ones (texture issue). I tend to pair certain cheeses with certain foods.

7.  When you were young what did you think you wanted to do career-wise as an adult?  Did you do it or choose something else?  What is your career choice, and yes a SAHM is a career choice? I really wanted to be an astronaut or an archeologist, however, I was told that girls could not be astronauts and my oh so supportive mom told me that I could not be an archeologist because "everything has already been found." I wasn't sure exactly what I wanted to do but I knew I wanted to help people in some capacity. I was a late bloomer and went to college in my mid-20s and grad school in my early 30's and became a medical speech-language pathologist. I love what I do as it fulfills my need to be constantly challenged, my love of science, psychology, medicine, and neurology, plus I get to help people on a daily basis. Before going to college and while in school, I worked with adults who have developmental disabilities in a variety of settings (group homes, sheltered workshops, independent living, high school special Ed teaching assistant) and loved, loved, loved them all for the 12 years I spent with that population.       

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 514 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 472 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 424 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 249 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?