not enough protein

Katie B.
on 11/18/13 11:50 am
I am 5 months out from RNY surgery and I'm really struggling to get in all my protein. I'm thinking that I should start back on shakes. Any suggestions of your favorites? I really need quick grab-and-go ones.

poet_kelly
on 11/18/13 11:54 am - OH

My all time favorite is Syntrax Nectar cappuccino, but it's a powder, so not quite grab and go.  It mixes well in a shake cup with a lid, though.

I also like Chike iced coffee a lot.  It also mixes well in a shaker cup.

For a ready to drink, I think my favorite brand is Oh Yeah.  I like both the banana and the cookies n cream.  But I like the Syntrax Nectar more.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Mo Diggity
on 11/18/13 12:27 pm - poughkeepsie, NY
RNY on 07/03/13

What does the cappuccino flavor taste like ?? Does it have like a strong coffee taste ?

Maureen Tired of Living my Life in the Dark

poet_kelly
on 11/18/13 12:30 pm - OH

Not super strong.  I actually like to add a little bit of decaf instant coffee crystals to it to make it a bit stronger tasting.  I love it, mixed with milk or soy milk.  With water, not so much.  With milk, it reminds me of one of those bottled Starbucks frappuccino things.

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

reinangel
on 11/18/13 8:42 pm - Reading, PA
RNY on 10/08/13

I second the nectar and Oh yeah!.  I like making my Nectar the night before though so the foam settles by morning.

purpleswingline
on 11/19/13 7:02 am - Fayetteville, AR
RNY on 08/26/13

Is this whey protein?

poet_kelly
on 11/19/13 7:18 am - OH

The Syntrax Nectar is whey isolate.  The Chike I think is either whey concentrate or a combination of whey isolate and whey concentrate.  I don't remember what the Oh Yeah is.  Off hand I would guess a combo of whey isolate and whey concentrate and maybe some calcium caseinate, too.

anje13
on 11/18/13 12:15 pm

Premiere protein grab n go are good! 30g of protein per Shake :-)

DiVathick2thin89
on 11/18/13 11:10 pm - NC

Where do you get premier from? What store?

NurseBrandy
on 11/18/13 1:52 pm

Premeir chocolate is my favorite. 30Grams and convinenet :)

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 366 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 313 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 389 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 400 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 313 views