Gastritis

bdaycakegirl
on 11/20/13 8:50 am

So I had my endoscopy and I have gastritis. I had the testing done for some bacteria that causes it, and I don't have it. I don't drink a ton, nor do I take a ton of NAIDS. I am kind of freaking out, as those are all the causes of it? I don't see my surgeon for THREE weeks, so no idea what his game plan is going to be or if I'll even be allowed the surgery now.

Anyone else have this? I called my GP and he said lots of things cause it, like drinking tons of coffee ( I do) but the interwebz is pretty clear that it isn't diet. . .  I'm confused.

hw: 311  cw:304  sw:???  gw:150

PetHairMagnet
on 11/20/13 9:12 am
RNY on 05/13/13

I am so sorry to read this. No advice or ideas, but hugs that you are calm and peaceful until you hear if you are or are not able to move forward with the surgery. HUGS!!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Professor Sonja!!!!
on 11/20/13 11:07 am - Miami, FL
RNY on 08/15/12

I was diagnosed with gastritis last Friday.  My surgeon said it can be a pre-cursor to an ulcer and is caused by 4 things:  1. Smokng  2.  Drinking  3.  Coffee  4.  Stress.  I don't drink and I don't smoke but I do drink 1-2 cups of coffee (sf) every day and I have had a huge amount of stress in my job lately while doing my job and somebody elses.  My doc just has me taking Prilosec.  

Come keep it real in R&R 3.0 Want an invite? PM me here.

bdaycakegirl
on 11/20/13 11:32 pm

Well this had been a hard year for me. I was diagnosed with PTSD due to event surrounding my moms death in April.  I do drink a pot of coffee a day.  I will stop that. I do drink wine several times a week, just not a lot. For a few weeks back in April and may I did drink heavily but now that I am in therapy and on meds have stopped. So hopefully if I eliminate that I can have surgery. I don't smoke. 

hw: 311  cw:304  sw:???  gw:150

mzlaura
on 11/21/13 5:05 am - Litchfield, NH
RNY on 03/05/13

Yup i have gastrisits i have had i since April at 1 month post op. Had another EGD about a month ago and i have severe gastritis now with an ulcer. GL it stinks that is for sure.

HW: 401  SW: 297  CW: 200.8
RNY gastric bypass surgery on March 5th, 2013

go_girl
on 11/21/13 6:27 am

does anyone know what happens to an undiagnosed ulcer in the stomach that ends up in the remnant stomach, does the ulcer progressively get worse or because no food gets in , there is no stimulation of more acid to worsen it?

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 415 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 362 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 420 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 407 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 7 replies · 44 views
Recent Topics