Anxious for surgery

lmcintyre85
on 11/26/13 3:08 am
VSG on 01/15/14

So my date is scheduled for Jan 15, 2014. I am nervous, excited, terrified, overwhelmed all in one. I can't wait to start this journey but seriously Jan 15 seems like so so so long away, anyone else feel like this that is having surgery soon?

I also need to loose 20lbs prior to surgery so I am 285 and need to be 265 and will start my full 4 week pre-op diet on Dec 15 but am already starting to drink my protein shakes just to jump start my diet. I just hope this all goes by fast and surgery will go smoothly!!

Anyone else have Jan 15 for a surgery date??

SkinnyScientist
on 11/26/13 3:14 am

I got a 12/31 surgery date!  So I will be a bit ahead of you.

I can relate somewhat. I am not terrified or overwhelmed. I have been practicing not drinking when I eat, microcutting and cheweingmy food to applesauce consistency, giving up coffee/caffeine/pop, eating with baby utensils on mini plates and bowls, and taking small bites for 3 months now.

Instead, I feel like one of those racehorses sitting in the chute. I am mentally kicking at the gate and thinking, "Let's just go!!!"

Notably, I was terrified and nervous and worried about a month ago. It is just an adjustment. I know mentally and physically what I need to do (I have been practicing) and now I just want to DO it.

PetHairMagnet
on 11/26/13 3:41 am
RNY on 05/13/13

Imagine having a HUGE bill due on the 15th...it would seem like it is looming. It is all in perspective, lol. 

Excited for you!!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

selhard
on 11/26/13 4:00 am - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

I think you're looking for replies from pre-op people, but I just wanted to say I was thankful for the six-month waiting period insurance required.  I used all six months to prepare, practice, and peel-off 80#.  Come spring, you'll love shopping for summer wear!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 426 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 404 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 258 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 296 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 113 views
Recent Topics