survived thanksgiving

karin602
on 11/28/13 8:04 am - MD
RNY on 07/30/13

went to my son's for dinner, lots of food but stuck to turkey - no gravy , some brocolli, a taste of sweet potatoes and teaspoon of dressing - turned down pie, ice cream along with homemade mac n cheese - after dinner did have a cup of coffee,  along with minimum meals otherwise.  feeling good especially seeing everyone else loading their plates.  concentrated on good conversation and being with family!nhope everyone else had a great and healthy day!

Karin

nfarris79
on 11/28/13 8:44 am - Germantown, MD

Sounds like you did admirably! I did indulge a little in my FIL's lemon icebox pie (omg, it was worth the near-dump for a 1/2 slice!) but amazingly only exceeded my calories by about 100.... probably should have gone for a run this morning!

First ultra: Stone Mill 50 miler 11/15/14 13:44:38, First Full Marathon: Marine Corps 10/27/13 4:57:11Half Marathon PR 2:04:43 at Shamrock VA Beach Half-Marathon, 12/2/12 First Half-Marathon 2:32:47, 5K PR  Run Under the Lights 5K 27:23 on 11/23/13, 10K PR 52:53 Pike's Peek 10K 4/21/13(1st timed run) Accumen 8K 51:09 10/14/12.

poet_kelly
on 11/28/13 8:58 am - OH

I had a wonderful day.  I spent the day volunteering at a local soup kitchen, which I really enjoyed doing.  Somewhere around lunch time I scarfed down a protein bar.  I think I got my exercise for the week!  Or maybe for the month.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Lora R.
on 11/28/13 9:26 am
RNY on 09/12/13

Karin602, I did the same thing!  Turkey, a little bit of dressing, sweet potatoes, green beans, and cranberry sauce.  Stuck to my little plate and watched my husband and son fill their dinner plates twice.  Had three fork tips of pumpkin pie no crust.  Very happy and satisfied.

RNY: 9/12/13 HW:  347  SW:  315  CW:  183  BEST THING I EVER DID FOR MYSELF! 

scoobyluvr1
on 11/28/13 10:10 am
RNY on 10/21/13
It was crazy seeing the amounts of food people loaded on their plates and actually ate... I kept thinking how that had been me not so long ago. But I did great with a little turkey, a bite of stuffing and a couple bites of baked yam. For dessert I had one bite of sugar free pumpkin pie. It was a nice day visiting with family.

~Ronda~  

Can you hear me now? Only on R&R 3.0 PM me for an invite!

Sherrie P.
on 11/28/13 11:47 am
RNY on 02/06/13

We had brunch -- so no traditional meal today.

My wonderful mother-in-law fixed honey glazed fruit salad - but made me a sugar free bowl.  Bacon wrapped-brown-sugar lil smokies - but made me 2 without brown sugar and chorizo egg casserole.  I passed on the pecan iced pancakes and the pumpkin bread.  I will admit that I had a tiny mimosa...maybe an ounce of champagne.   It was a wonderful time.  So thankful that my family is supportive.

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Revision Lapband to RNY 2-6-2013   HW: 286  Pre-Op Diet: 277  Surgery Day: 265  Goal: 155  CW: 155

Plastic surgery 8/28/2014: Brachioplasty, mastopexy, & abdominoplasty.

Plastic surgery 1/27/2015: Butt Lift

Karen R.
on 11/28/13 3:57 pm
RNY on 04/14/13

Thanksgiving isn't a recognized holiday here (obviously), so we had to work.  But we had a catered meal for anyone who wanted to attend late in the afternoon.  We had about 200 staff, faculty and students show up.  I had mostly turkey (which had gravy poured over it--but wasn't very creamy), a few green beans, two forkfuls of mashed potatoes and one bite of sweet potatoes.  I also had exactly three bites of carrot cake with cream cheese icing (it was really good!).  But that was all.  I felt pretty in control.

5'4" | Pre Surgery BMI:  40.7 | Current BMI:  20.8 | SW:  237 |  CW:  121 |  GW:  125

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

The Salty Hag
on 11/28/13 8:32 pm
RNY on 05/20/13

We went to our neighbors' house for dinner. They are aware of my surgery, but they were still really surprised at how little I had on my plate. I'm grateful they were not offended when I refused seconds. 

It actually felt very good to not have that awful over-stuffed feeling that is the norm for so many people. 

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

Laura in Texas
on 11/28/13 10:38 pm

We had a great Thanksgiving over my brother's house, I love my sister-in-law's family and my kids had fun with their cousins. As far as food was concerned, I ate a lot. There were about 10 desserts and I had all of them kiss

No damage on the scale. I do not worry about holiday eating anymore. I feel like I eat like a "normal" person now. One who indulges on holidays and special occasions, but then gets back on track the rest of the year.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

karin602
on 11/29/13 2:48 am - MD
RNY on 07/30/13

It is really great hearing how successful everyone was this Thanksgiving!  I could give thanks for having a wonderful family, not 2-3 heaping plates of food!  Love how supportive this forum has been to me.  Still having the vertigo but getting some answers.  Have something vestibular going on in both ears and this morning at the balance center here found out I am relying on my big muscles (mainly hips) to try to balance instead of my feet and ankles.  New exercises and more PT on the way.  Just want the docs to sayits okay to drive again so I don't have to rely on my daughter to take me everywhere.  Can't say I missed going to Black Friday sales - done that twice and they are no fun for me! Maybe I'll do cyber Monday! 

Karin

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 362 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 283 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 388 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 479 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 399 views