Stopped losing!!

Katie B.
on 12/1/13 11:41 am
I'm 5 months out and for about a month now I haven't lost a single pound! I broke my ankle 4 weeks ago so I haven't been nearly as active, but seriously to not lose anything is quite a disappointment! Has anyone else had a plateau that has lasted this long?

LadyLilMax
on 12/1/13 11:47 am - Retirement Ville, AZ

Sorry about your ankle, ouch!  Prayers for a speedy healing.

You could do a search, the small magnifying glass in the upper right hand corner.  Lots of stuff on stalls, plateaus etc that may be helpful.  

Good luck and congrats on your phenomenal weight loss!  Wow.

RNY 12/11/12  HW:230   SW:220   GW:140   CW:130  5ft 1

maldonado707
on 12/1/13 11:54 am - CA

hello i was 4 months out i will be 5 months post op Dec 16th and have had a 6 week stall and FINALLY lost 5 pounds this past few days  just started losing again hang in there i know how frustrating it is

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 12/1/13 12:07 pm - OH

MANY people experience stalls that are significantly longer than 4 weeks.  I had one that was 9 weeks at about 9 months out.  The weight loss naturally slows down as you go, and stalls can happen at any point.  

Your limited mobility may or may not have anything to do with it (but certainly doesn't help!)

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Ruth *.
on 12/1/13 8:57 pm

I'm 5 months out as well. I haven't lost any new pounds for 3 weeks. I'm so close to getting under the 200 pounds, I'm 203 the scale seems to stay there.

SteveWebb
on 12/1/13 10:17 pm - NC

Hang in there guys, I haven't had surgery yet but I feel your pain and know my day is coming.  God bless you all and I hope you lose all you need to lose.

Jeremiah 29:11 " For I know the thoughts that I think towards you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end". 

Ocalasam
on 12/1/13 10:48 pm
RNY on 12/18/12

Stalls are the worst!  super frustrating!!!  You'll start loosing again soon.  There's no way possible you are done (-8

pathchic
on 12/2/13 12:16 am - FL
RNY on 08/07/13

I'm 4 months out and haven't had any significant stalls... YET.  They are coming I am sure.  I am equally sure that I will not deal well when it happens.  One thought - in my prior weight loss misadventures I would hit a stall and get so bummed - knowing that I was done for, all of my goals and aspirations were in the toilet, etc. down a self-esteem spiral.  Now I (and you) and confidently say that we are NOT done for, our goals and aspirations WILL be obtained - just might take a little longer.  The surgery and lifestyle changes WORK, just maybe not on my timetable. Good luck and stay positive!

Katie B.
on 12/2/13 6:35 am
Thanks everyone! I pray this stall passes soon!
Kahla L.
on 12/2/13 12:17 pm
RNY on 06/19/13

I've been losing/gaining the same 5 pounds for three weeks now, keep telling myself this too shall pass.  hang in there!

HW/SW/CW: 312/295/212 (RNY 6/19/13)

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 420 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 374 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 423 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 191 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 408 views