Hot chocolate and lactose intolerance

Katie K.
on 12/2/13 10:15 pm - Maitland, FL
RNY on 06/25/13

I've become lactose intolerant. Cheese and yogurt are fine but milk makes me so sick. I bought some diet Swiss Miss. It's mixed with water but has milk as an ingredient. Do you think it would make me sick? Should I take a Lactaid with it?

poet_kelly
on 12/2/13 10:17 pm - OH

It's gonna depend on how much lactose it has in it.  You could call the manufacturer and ask how much lactose is in it.  Or you could just take the Lactaid to be safe.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Bibo
on 12/2/13 10:30 pm

I bought some carob powder that makes a pretty fine hot chocolate...

chris_ruff
on 12/2/13 10:59 pm
RNY on 04/07/09 with

skip the swiss miss and buy some pure cocoa powder. you can mix it with water and almond or coconut milk and not have to deal with the fake stuff in the swiss miss, or the lactose. i've been doing that a couple years and takes care of the chocolate craving. 

--Christina
grneyedlady_71
on 12/4/13 6:07 pm - Saint Joseph , MO

Don't go for the Swiss miss , I was out of coffee singles two weeks ago and wanted a warm breakfasy drink so I went with the kids swiss miss the first few sips was fine but omg after that I had dumping and was terribly sick! 

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 532 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 514 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 396 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 242 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 125 views
Recent Topics