One month post op appt

scoobyluvr1
on 12/2/13 7:09 am
RNY on 10/21/13

Just had my one month post op appointment this afternoon.  A little disappointed I only lost 12 lbs since my one week follow up appt. I kinda of expected it to be better than that.  I talked to the Dr about it and he said maybe was a little less that it could be but that I may still be retaining fluids from surgery but he didn't think I have anything to worry about and that I'll do great.  I sure hope so.

~Ronda~  

Can you hear me now? Only on R&R 3.0 PM me for an invite!

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 12/2/13 7:51 am - OH

Don't fret, Ronda, you already know that the first month weight loss is all over the place for different people, so just remind yourself of that.  Keep doing what you know you should be doing and the weight loss will pick up and you WILL be successful.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

scoobyluvr1
on 12/2/13 8:29 am
RNY on 10/21/13
Thanks Lora, your right I just got to be patient and stick to the program :)

~Ronda~  

debramontoya
on 12/2/13 9:11 am
RNY on 10/28/13

I know the feeling! At my one month post op I had lost 21 lbs.  I was pretty disappointed.  Dr said he likes to see 25 the first month but everybody is different and it will come off.  Then this am I had a follow up with my reg dr and he was pretty excited.  According to his records and scale I have lost 30 lbs since June, last weigh in at his office.  I haven't lost any since one month post op, which was a week ago.  Sigh......keep reminding myself it's a journey. 

scoobyluvr1
on 12/2/13 10:19 am
RNY on 10/21/13
Yep its a journey hopefully it will pick up for both of us. :)

~Ronda~  

RNY on 10/21/13

(((Ronda))) I'm sorry you're disappointed. You've lost 12 lbs more than you would have if you haven't had surgery. Just keep putting one foot in front of the other and following your plan...it will happen in due time. I know it's frustrating and we want the huge numbers immediately, but as many have said, it is a marathon, not a sprint. 

Always remember...and remind me when I need it...as long as you are following your plan you've got this. ;)

scoobyluvr1
on 12/2/13 10:23 am
RNY on 10/21/13
Thank you sweetie. Im going to keep working it. :)

~Ronda~  

cajungirl
on 12/2/13 9:38 am

I agree with Lora. Remember all the "oh no am I done losing weight, did I stretch my pouch post" Yanno the 3 week stall post?

You've probably experienced that and didn't have to stress about it because you aren't weighing. The weight WILL come off, you've got this Ronda. 

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

scoobyluvr1
on 12/2/13 10:26 am
RNY on 10/21/13
Thanks for reminding me..I completely forgot about that...I could have stalled and didnt even know it. :)

~Ronda~  

jamienichols22
on 12/2/13 9:56 am - MI

You so have this! It may just been a hiccup in the road. Your doing awesome and keep on plan and you will see if start to come off faster

Jamie Nichols

HW:321    CW:263   GW:125 

I am a tiger who is earning her stripes!! 

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 420 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 374 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 423 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 32 replies · 200 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 408 views
Recent Topics