Food aversion

lostinaparkinglot
on 12/3/13 6:52 am - Stockton, CA

I really hate food now. The smell, taste, texture, and sight makes me gag. Is there any way to get over this? Has anyone dealt with it? I hope it doesn't last much longer :( I don't know what to do about it. 

Dee.spunk
on 12/3/13 7:53 am - Sacramento, CA
It eventually goes away. I didn't want to et at first. Everything tasted gross to me. When I finally found something I liked, I ate it non stop til I would eventually hate that too. Even now, I have days where nothing seems appetizing. On those days I go back to eating just beans and cheese. For some reason that goes down fine and always taste good.

Height:5'1.5 RNY:11/30/11 HW:307 SW:234 CW:136 GW:140 (LOST 73 Lbs. PRE-OP)

JLS_NJ
on 12/3/13 8:09 am
RNY on 10/15/13

I'm going through the same thing right now. Nothing sounds good, I don't enjoy anything and I eat simply because I need the protein.  Every once in awhile something will appeal to me and I'll enjoy it but not often.  At week 2 the thought of another shake was gross but now I'd rather get a shake & credit for the water!:-P 

Even with this aversion for food right now I'm still coming up against weight loss stalls!  

JLS in Central Jersey

Empty Nester - working toward a healthier ME!

April M.
on 12/3/13 11:50 am
RNY on 09/26/13

So glad to see I'm not the only one...   My folks go out to eat a lot and I just eat small amounts off their plates and choose the healthier stuff...  but some places we go... I get so excited to go there... then when I taste the food... it doesn't taste the same, I get nauseous... it's just not good, I don't enjoy it... and I leave feeling sad...

April

tdbull
on 12/3/13 2:39 pm - WA
RNY on 08/13/13
It does come back, some days stronger than others for me. I didn't feel like eating at all for the first 10 weeks.

Lapband surgery in 2009 -  Revision to RNY August 13, 2013 with gallbladder removal.

HW - (260)   SW - (197)   GW - (135), updated on 1-2-14 to 125lbs  HT 5'5"  Goal reached 3/2/14-revised goal to 120 on 3/9/14   reached 4/6/14             

SteveWebb
on 12/4/13 6:06 am - NC

I am pre-op but I am praying I lose my love of food.  It has to large a space in my life right now and I just want to be healthy.  Praying I won't get depressed over losing certain foods.  I'm sick of insulin shots and want to kick diabetes to the curb forever!  Hope you find healthy food that taste good to you and aids you in getting the weight off too.  God bless you.

Jeremiah 29:11 " For I know the thoughts that I think towards you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end". 

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 544 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 527 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 416 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 324 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 129 views
Recent Topics