Ladies-what do you take for cramps?

bbearsmama
on 12/12/13 11:39 am
RNY on 02/28/13

Hi there-

I get cramps pretty bad at that special time.  In the past (before RNY), I would take 2 or 3 advil but now I just stick with Tylenol. It's not cutting it, though.  Do any of you take a prescription for cramps? If so-what is working?  Any otc remedies?

Thank you so much!

Pam :)

"B" bears' mama from Texas
Follow my journey on youtube: "bbearsmama" 

SW: 210 CW: 123.6

new_me180
on 12/12/13 11:53 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 10/24/13

I used to be the same before my RNY. 800 mg of ibuprofen every four hours or there'd be hell to pay. Luckily for me, my doctor understands and he gives me 1 mg dilaudid which I take 3 times a day. I was hesitant at first as I didn't think it would work. It's been god send and I take fewer pills that I did with the ibuprofen when I used to finish a whole 32 count a month.. Percocet works well too. Talk to your doc and see what he says. Good luck.

Sistaital
on 12/12/13 1:45 pm

I have very bad cramps too, along with tylenol I take B1, and drink red rasberry tea. I take a hot bath with lavender epsom salt and soaking helps.  I get the epsom salt from the dollar store or walmart

smummy2mo
on 12/12/13 5:22 pm
My Dr put me on norco which works pretty well! I've suffered w cramps for years so I understand. Good luck finding what works for you.
angeleigh
on 12/12/13 7:54 pm - angier, NC
RNY on 09/17/12

If you look, there are some forms of Pamprin that are Tylenol based. Those seem to help, along with a heating pad. http://www.walmart.com/ip/Pamprin-Maximum-Strength-Multi-Sym ptom-Menstrual-Pain-Relief-20ct/10307713

Follow me on Pinterest!  SW/254 HW/276 CW/142  

Pictures: Pre-op, 1 year post op, 2 years post op.

bbearsmama
on 12/13/13 10:49 am
RNY on 02/28/13

Thank you-I will check that out!!

Pam :)

poet_kelly
on 12/12/13 9:09 pm - OH

I take Flexeril, a muscle relaxer, if needed.  A heating pad helps me a lot.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

bbearsmama
on 12/13/13 10:49 am
RNY on 02/28/13

Does it make you sleepy?

Thank you! :)

poet_kelly
on 12/13/13 10:50 am - OH

Only if I take it with a dose of pain meds.  By itself, it doesn't.  I think drowsiness is a possible side effect, though.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

PetHairMagnet
on 12/13/13 5:08 am
RNY on 05/13/13

Flexiril at night, it knocks me out!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 552 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 537 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 423 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 335 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 133 views
Recent Topics