Progress!

Ocalasam
on 12/13/13 12:56 am
RNY on 12/18/12

I bought buffalo chicken dip at the store yesterday.  This was a bad choice and I knew it when I bought it.  It is way too high in fat and not enough protein.  I am stressed with all the holiday happenings.  Well, I did have some last night.  I realized it was a trigger food and I took it outside and threw it away so there is no way I could ever have anymore.  I will not bring anything else like this in to my house!  Lesson learned.  I am just a little proud of myself for realizing my weakness. . . and throwing the crap away.  I've never had the willpower to do that before!

cajungirl
on 12/13/13 1:25 am

Could you make a healthier version for the holidays or do you think that would still be a trigger for you?  I've eaten it before (homemade) but this isn't a trigger for me.  Now sweets, ugh that's my weakness.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

tdbull
on 12/13/13 2:23 pm - WA
RNY on 08/13/13
Sweets r my trigger food too. Chocolate. The holidays r going to be very hard but I don't want to find out if I dump so I tell myself to stay away and not even take a bite.

Lapband surgery in 2009 -  Revision to RNY August 13, 2013 with gallbladder removal.

HW - (260)   SW - (197)   GW - (135), updated on 1-2-14 to 125lbs  HT 5'5"  Goal reached 3/2/14-revised goal to 120 on 3/9/14   reached 4/6/14             

PetHairMagnet
on 12/13/13 4:49 am
RNY on 05/13/13
On December 13, 2013 at 8:56 AM Pacific Time, Ocalasam wrote:

I bought buffalo chicken dip at the store yesterday.  This was a bad choice and I knew it when I bought it.  It is way too high in fat and not enough protein.  I am stressed with all the holiday happenings.  Well, I did have some last night.  I realized it was a trigger food and I took it outside and threw it away so there is no way I could ever have anymore.  I will not bring anything else like this in to my house!  Lesson learned.  I am just a little proud of myself for realizing my weakness. . . and throwing the crap away.  I've never had the willpower to do that before!

I agree with Cajun, try making a healthier version for you. Is it just buffalo wing flavoring and a creamy base? How about using Greek yogurt and seasoning and putting it over actual chicken? I don't eat spicy, so I might be totally off on what buffalo dip is. 

GOOD FOR YOU for not keeping the trigger food in the house!!!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

robynimac229
on 12/13/13 8:02 am
RNY on 08/21/13

That is awesome to hear. I too am finding that some foods I used to eat, I think about eating, then if i even take a bite i sort of get sick (mentally upset me) and then I don't eat anything more and I toss it out.

HW 249 -  CW 158 - GW 115  Blog: http://robynsweightlossjourney.blogspot.com/

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 569 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 358 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 257 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 459 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?