Sorta OT- Foot surgery and a bit bored (& worried) pics

Dee.spunk
on 12/16/13 1:29 am - Sacramento, CA
Last Monday I had surgery on my foot to correct a bone that was out of place.

I broke both my arches when I was overweight. Super painful. Both have healed, but my right foot kept hurting. I went to see the podiatrist, he took X-rays, and saw that because of my broken arch, one of the bones had been push out.

So, they put screws in that bone and attached it to another bone to keep it straight. Everything went well. But...

I've been laying on my couch for a week now. Bored. I wish I could exercise. Dancing is my favorite thing, and I can't. For three months I won't be able to.

I worry. I worry that during this time I will regain. Exercise was what kept me in my toes. I didn't want to undo what I had worked so hard to accomplish.

http://images.obesityhelp.com/uploads/profile/1007264/albums/114363/image-2333541408.jpg

http://images.obesityhelp.com/uploads/profile/1007264/albums/114363/image-2333540943.jpg

Height:5'1.5 RNY:11/30/11 HW:307 SW:234 CW:136 GW:140 (LOST 73 Lbs. PRE-OP)

Patm
on 12/16/13 1:40 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

That must be hard. It is so easy to graze when bored. Try to remember why you had to have this surgery was because of damage form being over weight. Maybe that can help focus you away from the food. Good Luck

Lora R.
on 12/16/13 2:19 am
RNY on 09/12/13

You have done amazing!  Keep those pics with you, let that be your inspiration.  I know it wont be the same, but dance in your seat, look for exercises you can do in a chair, start knitting or crocheting to keep your fingers off of food, maybe do word searches, You said it best, "don't want to undo what I had worked so hard to accomplish"  Keep your chin up! :)

RNY: 9/12/13 HW:  347  SW:  315  CW:  183  BEST THING I EVER DID FOR MYSELF! 

martitalinda
on 12/16/13 2:34 am

You are TOTALLY BEAUTIFUL!!!! Sorry to hear that you are laid up but think about how much better you will feel once you are healed.  As far as dancing goes ... nena just blast some salsa, merengue, reggaeton or whatever is your flava and right from your couch and without moving your limbs and following doctors orders... . I would be salseando from the waist up with my arms head and neck ... batting my lashes and grinning from ear to ear exercising my face too .... biceps, triceps would be getting a full workout as I would have a couple of 1 lb weights in my hands and moving anything I can ... hmmm I can even move my ears LOL .... but then I am goofy like that so please do follow doctor's orders first and foremost ... do whatever it is you are required to do to heal properly ... if you are on complete bed rest you do that ... soon enough you will be dancing away ... after all 3 months fly by in the blink of an eye ... rest, relax and pamper yourself ... (((((((hugs)))))))))))

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

autumnsiggy2RNY 2/5/07 no regain having implemented lifestyle changes....

Kim S.
on 12/16/13 2:43 am - Helena, AL

You will be fine.  How do I know this?  Because exercise is part of your life now, like breathing.  You will go right back to it when you can, and pick up where you left off.  In the meantime, do what you can.....I'll bet you can lay on the floor with your feet on the couch and do crunches....and I'll bet you can lift weights while seated......concentrate on your abs, chest, biceps, triceps, back and shoulders during this time.  Happy healing!

Dee.spunk
on 12/19/13 4:20 pm - Sacramento, CA
Thank you! I have totally been doing that. I can't wait for my foot to heal so I can get right back to my normal routine.

dessalves
on 12/16/13 3:18 am

Hope you feel better soon!!! And I am sure you will be fine, just by being afraid you will certainly watch out and be on the right track!! 

Cunning_Pam
on 12/16/13 3:50 am
RNY on 12/18/13

I'm sure it's very worrisome for you, since you've become so active since your surgery. The only thought I had was to ask if you swim? And if there's a pool near you that you can get to easily enough? Since swimming wouldn't be weight-bearing, perhaps your doctor would approve that as exercise until your foot is healed enough?

I hope things get better for you!

Surgery: RNY on 12/18/2013 with Jay M. Snow, MD            "Don't mistake my kindness for weakness." - Robert Herjavec, quoting Al Capone

Dee.spunk
on 12/16/13 6:11 am - Sacramento, CA
That's the one thing I can't do. I have a cast to my knee, so that's off my list, though I do enjoy swimming a lot.

Dee.spunk
on 12/16/13 3:51 am - Sacramento, CA
Great idea guys! It never occurred to me to do some weights on my couch or crunches. I can do that! I have weights!

As for dancing, I do dance on from my couch, but of course it isn't the same. I

keep weighing myself and no gain (thank goodness) but idk why I keep thinking I'll look at my scale one morning and it'll say 300!

Walking with the crutches is a workout too. It's killing my arms, so maybe doing the weights will build them up some. Thanks guys!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 488 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 453 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 458 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 414 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 114 views
Forum Search Error & 404