Freshens low cal smoothies?

65rosesmom
on 12/16/13 8:36 am

Has anyone ever had a Freshen's low cal smoothie?   They just put one on the campus where I work.   http://www.freshens.com/index.php/products/low-cal-smoothies

The Mango Beach one has only 5 grams of sugar (the other two have 9 grams), and you can add a scoop or two of Met-RX protein to make it 18 grams of protein.  From what I saw it is sweetened with Truvia, which is my preferred sweetener.    It sounds like a good option if I am stuck at work for a long time and need a fast meal.   I just wondered if anyone tried them and if they sound too good to be true.

Heather   Mom to 3  
Surgery August 9, 2012
HW = 225, SW= 205, CW 135 

Professor Sonja!!!!
on 12/16/13 9:22 am - Miami, FL
RNY on 08/15/12

49 carbs is a lot for one meal. 

Come keep it real in R&R 3.0 Want an invite? PM me here.

65rosesmom
on 12/16/13 9:32 am

Yeah, it is.   I doubt I would have it very often.  Since the sugar is so low, and most of the ingredients are just fruit/juice, I'm guessing the carbs comes from that...unless they are adding carb-laden thickeners or something.

Heather   Mom to 3  
Surgery August 9, 2012

poet_kelly
on 12/16/13 9:34 am - OH

It's the kind of thing I'd have once in a while for a treat.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

H.A.L.A B.
on 12/16/13 9:31 pm

I am always weary about claims about low calories special foods. I.e the low cal smoothies claim 80 calories but 50 gr of carbs, with only 1 gr of fiber and 5 gr of sugar.  What are other carbs? The only one that is suppose to have no calories is erythritol - type of SA. With 80 cal = 20 gr bof carbs, But 50 carbs =200 cal.   Something is not right. If it is too good to be true - it probably is. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 12/16/13 9:54 pm - OH

I often wonder the same thing, Hala, and I avoid things like that simply because I don't trust that they are being honest about the calories.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

PetHairMagnet
on 12/16/13 11:30 pm
RNY on 05/13/13
On December 17, 2013 at 5:54 AM Pacific Time, ****rogirl wrote:

I often wonder the same thing, Hala, and I avoid things like that simply because I don't trust that they are being honest about the calories.

Lora

That is my thought, too!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

65rosesmom
on 12/16/13 10:12 pm

I guess I wondered that as well and it was why I posted hoping for insight.  You make good points.

Heather   Mom to 3  
Surgery August 9, 2012

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 350 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 386 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 477 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 395 views