Very Busy

Lisa87
on 12/18/13 10:33 am
RNY on 12/13/13

I have been very busy taking care of myself since my December 13th  surgery.

I am so glad I had prepared ahead of time with food I can eat and chewable vitamins that I need to take.

I really had no idea what after care was going to entail and how it was to be done. It is doable but at first alittle overwhelming, I won't lie.

Walking has been a wonderful way to pass gas and just feel better. I try to walk 4-5 times a day for 10 minutes. 

I wear my binder and my TED hose. Very attractive!

I will admit I have not fullfilled my fluid quota but it is increasing each day. I sip sip sip!

I am a pro at giving myself Lovenox, only 4 more days of that!

I have to take omprezole once a day and carafate 4 times a day! 

Everything has to be planned out so that it all works!

I take 2 naps a day and believe me I am ready for bed around 11. 

My family has really stepped up! They are cooking and cleaning for themselves. My husband is shopping for them and I am thrilled! 

I am glad I only have to take care of myself. My stress level is now set on low!

I won't see my surgeon or NUT until I am a month out. 

So all in all- ITS ALL GOOD!

Lisa87 

5'4"

queenbmamafranks
on 12/18/13 10:54 am
RNY on 12/19/13

That's awesome my surgery is tomorrow. I have my food and vitamins and protein drinks ready for my return. Packing right now! Oh and I'm hungry! Lol

Lisa87
on 12/18/13 11:05 am
RNY on 12/13/13

Good Luck! It is such a whirlwind! Walk as soon as you can and walk often. Use your incentive spirometer. AND take your pain meds. It's good you are stocked up! Can't wait to hear about your journey!

I was hungry too!

queenbmamafranks
on 12/22/13 12:50 am
RNY on 12/19/13

I am taking the same scripts as you, I did not I was going to have to do that. No one ever said anything about those. I am doing my  spirometer. But it hurts to cough. I'm still in a lot of pain but staying on top of the pain meds to help with that. Thank goodness my center gives us a sample schedule for meals, vitamins, and fluid oh and exercise. That def helps and I am sticking to it to the T.

(deactivated member)
on 12/18/13 11:22 am - WI

I agree with you. I am two weeks out now, and it was very overwhelming. I am starting to get a routine down. I struggle some getting the protein in, but from what I understand, everyone does. I am so glad all is well and keep up the great work!!

Lisa87
on 12/18/13 11:52 am
RNY on 12/13/13

Oh and let's not forget the incentive spirometer!!!!!

There is a lot to do!!!!

You gotta have a routine!

Glad to hear you have one. 

Keep working it!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 535 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 523 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 407 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?