Finished Psych Evaluation, so excited!

mobailey68
on 12/19/13 7:13 am
RNY on 02/24/14

Hello Everyone,

I rarely post but I just had my psych evaluation. I was stressing about it for apparently no reason.  Since I have been reading so much on this forum and doing even more research she said that I was very prepared. Now I am on to the next step, waiting for the pre-op appointment with the surgeon. It is so surreal that this is actually happening. I look forward to a healthier life.

Thank you all who post on here. Without your information and messages of hope I don't think I would be feeling so prepared for what is to come in the future!

Thank you,

Maureen

PetHairMagnet
on 12/19/13 7:25 am
RNY on 05/13/13

I am glad that is behind you, and I am assuming that you got the green light to move forward. 

YAY!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

LoriLo45
on 12/19/13 7:50 am

I have my psych eval Jan 9th and they said it takes 2 -3 hours!  I'm nervous but excited knowing that it is one step closer to surgery and a new life.  What was your appointment like?  Was it a personality test or a counseling session? 

Good luck on your next steps!

Lori

mobailey68
on 12/19/13 8:01 am
RNY on 02/24/14

Dear LoriLo45,

I was really concerned about the psych evaluation because I am bi-polar and am in recovery from drug addiction. I was worried that they would deny me for either of those issues. The psychiatrist who did my evaluation was just concerned if I was stable and in recovery.  She basically wanted to know if I was prepared mentally and emotionally for the surgery and also if my expectations were realistic. Thanks to doing a ton of stalking on this forum and doing outside research along with working with a counselor I am prepared both mentally and emotionally. I am sure you will do fine, just be honest so that if there is anything that you need to work on prior to the surgery it is addressed.

Good Luck,

Maureen

LoriLo45
on 12/19/13 8:32 am
Hi Maureen Thanks for the reply. Keep up the great work with your recovery!
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 364 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 287 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 388 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 480 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 400 views
Recent Topics