Finally have my pre-op date

mobailey68
on 12/26/13 8:29 am
RNY on 02/24/14

Hello Everyone,

Last week I received a call from the surgery center where I am having my RNY to schedule a pre-op with the Surgeon. I have been working toward this since early August and I am so excited that it is going forward. From what I understand form the Bariatric Case manager your surgery is schedule 6-8 weeks after your pre-op. This means I might have my surgery late February or early March. 

Yay!

Maureen

poet_kelly
on 12/26/13 8:42 am - OH

That's a long time from pre-op to surgery day.  Usually the pre-op appointment is right before the surgery, I think.  my pre-op was four days before my surgery.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Brimiller808
on 12/26/13 9:07 am - Austin, TX
RNY on 10/29/13

Good for you!  That does seem like a long time though. I had mine the day before surgery. Are you sure you heard right?  Not to be discouraging but it just seems odd. 

mobailey68
on 12/26/13 9:35 am
RNY on 02/24/14

I hope I heard right. Who knows though. I guess I will find out on the 8th. If not that then I get to meet with the surgeon anyway and get some questions answered. I just really hope that my surgery happens soon. Been working on the head stuff and feel ready for a new way to live.

Maureen

(deactivated member)
on 12/26/13 9:41 am

I think that you are having your last weight center appointment with your surgeon. From there they send all of the documentation for insurance approval. Your surgery pre-op must take place within 14 days of a surgery. (Standard of Care) So, once your insurance approves you, you will get a letter from the center, the insurance, and a call from the center. When the center calls you, they will either tell you your surgery date, or will tell you that call will come very soon. After you get the date or at the same time you get the date, you will get your pre-op appointment.

vcroome
on 12/26/13 1:31 pm - Japan

Congrats Maureen! I've also been working through the required testing since June (my insurance company requires 6 months of doctor supervised diet, this is what really held me up) too, and I have my 2nd appointment with the surgeon January 9th :D Hopefully we'll be having surgery around the same time! My doctor already sent my paperwork in to the insurance company and I think we're still waiting for approval, but in the meantime at least I have an appointment date :D 

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 514 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 473 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 425 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 325 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?