medium

indybuttercup
on 12/29/13 12:07 am - Indianapolis, IN
Doing skin removal in Jan. I was a woman's 44 10/07 before surgery. Trying not to buy any clothes till then. A friend got me a Christmas sweater and it fit. The tag said Medium. I have never worn a medium asfar back as I could remember. Neat but feels weird. Makes me wonder after surgery what size I will be.

Laura in Texas
on 12/29/13 12:11 am

Good for you.

FYI- You may not go down in size after plastics. I am one of the few who is exactly the same size. My clothes fit better and I no longer need shapewear, but still the same size. I am still thankful for my plastic surgery.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

indybuttercup
on 12/29/13 12:25 am - Indianapolis, IN
Thank u. I am 6 foot and wasn't sure. Plastics Dr said he thinks I will loose 45 to 60 lbs just on the body lift. I was 550 before and am still 230 and wouldn't dare leave without shape wear.

Laura in Texas
on 12/29/13 8:28 am

If you are wearing a size medium, it does not sound like there is 45-60 pounds around your middle to lose. That sounds high. 

Awesome loss!! Congrats!!

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 12/29/13 10:38 am - OH

What type of procedure(s) are you having done?  A panniculectomy, a tummy tuck, a full lower body lift?  If it is just a panniculectomy (skin removal below the belly button) or tummy tuck and your surgeon is saying you have 50 pounds of excess skin, then it isn't just skin... there is still fat under the skin.  

I don't say that to be hurtful in any way (and I started with a BMI of almost 57, so I know that those of us who were SMO have bodies that often look very different after losing weight).  I say it because you may not get the results you want/expect if there is still fat left to lose.  I had a large apron of skin on my belly that hung down several inches onto my thighs, but it was almost all just skin and it only weighed 6 pounds!  (I didn't drop a clothing size, but the pants I had been wearing were a bit looser.)

Has your plastic surgeon talked openly with you about what you can realistically expect to look like?  Have you seen before and after photos of his previous patients who started out with bodies similar to yours?  Some plastic surgeons aren't comfortable having that discussion, and they lead people to believe that they will look very different than the actual finished product. Hopefully your surgeon is NOT one of those, but I felt the need to raise the issue.

I had a client once who was depressed and very anxious because she paid for her plastic surgery herself (at great sacrifice) and expected to look like a 25 year old who had never had a weight problem instead of a 35-40 year old who had been SMO for many years.  She was upset because she said that if she had known how she was actually going to look, she would have used the money elsewhere.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

PetHairMagnet
on 12/29/13 8:20 am
RNY on 05/13/13
On December 29, 2013 at 8:11 AM Pacific Time, Laura in Texas wrote:

Good for you.

FYI- You may not go down in size after plastics. I am one of the few who is exactly the same size. My clothes fit better and I no longer need shapewear, but still the same size. I am still thankful for my plastic surgery.

The plastic surgeons I have been researching around here say the same thing. That it isn't a weight loss tool, but a shaping tool. My surgeon said to expect about 5 lbs total in skin loss, but that was about it. Skin does not weigh much. 

YAY that you are getting plastics!! 

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

SteveWebb
on 12/29/13 3:17 am - NC

That's awesome Buttercup!  You're liable to be wearing a small after your surgery.  That is very inspiring and motivational to all the people like me who are near surgery.  God bless you and I hope all goes real well for you.

Jeremiah 29:11 " For I know the thoughts that I think towards you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end". 

indybuttercup
on 12/29/13 6:55 am - Indianapolis, IN
Thank u Steve. It changed my life. Best wishes with surgery.

Catie780
on 12/29/13 7:51 am

Not sure about ps. Just wanted to say best wishes on you new surgery.  

Please forgive any typos I can't see what I am typing. :-)

Catie780
on 12/29/13 7:52 am

Wow that worked !,

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 542 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 296 views