Moving Right Along and A BIG THANKS!!!

Lisa87
on 12/29/13 10:19 am
RNY on 12/13/13

So today we made a trip to Costco for my favorite protein shake~ Premier Protein Chocolate. I bought 3 cases. I like them because they taste good, they are only 11 1/2 oz, and they pack a whopping 30 grams of protein. ALSO 1 gram of sugar and very low carbs!!!!!!

I sat a watched my husband devour the famous Costco hot dog and soda, while I ate my 2 oz of cottage cheese.  I enjoyed the smell. I reminded myself that I knew what they tasted like and I had eaten enough hot dogs to last me a life time. Then we moved on!

I picked up some canned chicken for my next food phase. 

I even got to sample a small piece of bleu cheese- it literally melted in my mouth!!!!! So good and I didn't feel deprived that there was nothing for me because there was!!!!

To stay hydrated while out and about I carried a 20 oz water bottle full of ISOPURE 40 gram of protein 0 grams of carbs. I just sipped on that all the up and all the way back.  

All in all it was a good day! Getting out of the house and learning to navigate the world again is fun and quite the learning experience. 

AND thanks to SINKIM I learned how to shrink a pic and get my avatar up and running! 

This forum has been a tremendous help. I was a creeper here for 10 months until right before my surgery. I am glad I found OH. Thanks to all who post and share!

Lisa87 

5'4"

karisma99
on 12/29/13 10:22 am - CA

I love that Premier Protein shake and buy at Costco too.  Great job on your navigation today.  Sounds like you have it nailed so far!! :)

PetHairMagnet
on 12/29/13 10:31 am
RNY on 05/13/13
On December 29, 2013 at 6:19 PM Pacific Time, Lisa87 wrote:

So today we made a trip to Costco for my favorite protein shake~ Premier Protein Chocolate. I bought 3 cases. I like them because they taste good, they are only 11 1/2 oz, and they pack a whopping 30 grams of protein. ALSO 1 gram of sugar and very low carbs!!!!!!

I sat a watched my husband devour the famous Costco hot dog and soda, while I ate my 2 oz of cottage cheese.  I enjoyed the smell. I reminded myself that I knew what they tasted like and I had eaten enough hot dogs to last me a life time. Then we moved on!

I picked up some canned chicken for my next food phase. 

I even got to sample a small piece of bleu cheese- it literally melted in my mouth!!!!! So good and I didn't feel deprived that there was nothing for me because there was!!!!

To stay hydrated while out and about I carried a 20 oz water bottle full of ISOPURE 40 gram of protein 0 grams of carbs. I just sipped on that all the up and all the way back.  

All in all it was a good day! Getting out of the house and learning to navigate the world again is fun and quite the learning experience. 

AND thanks to SINKIM I learned how to shrink a pic and get my avatar up and running! 

This forum has been a tremendous help. I was a creeper here for 10 months until right before my surgery. I am glad I found OH. Thanks to all who post and share!

Yay for you!!  My husband was a year out in Oct and still has a Premier Protein shake almost daily and loves them!

have you tried the lemon tea Isopure? YUM!! 

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

SkinnyScientist
on 12/29/13 11:13 pm

These..i must try (i.e. the shake).

TOmorrow is the big day!

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

Lisa87
on 12/30/13 4:32 am
RNY on 12/13/13

Good luck with everything on your BIG day!!!!

Let us know how things go!

Coder
on 12/29/13 10:51 am - PA
RNY on 12/18/13

Congrats, This forum has been wonderful.  A library of information.  I had my surgery on December 18,2013 and everytime I have a question this is the first place I turn to. It is a wonderful feeling knowing that we have such friends to guide us on our journey.

KellyC210
on 12/29/13 11:08 am - SC

Where do you get isopure?

Life is a journey, not a destination.

Lisa87
on 12/29/13 11:36 am
RNY on 12/13/13

I bought 4 bottles to try at GNC.

It comes in like fruit flavors ~sorta like a crystal lite drink~ but in 20 oz you get 40 gams of protein, 160 calories and no carbs! 

I think this may be my day drink and then I will grab a Premier in the evening.'

70 grams of protein in 2 drinks!

PetHairMagnet
on 12/29/13 3:38 pm
RNY on 05/13/13
On December 29, 2013 at 7:08 PM Pacific Time, KellyC210 wrote:

Where do you get isopure?

I buy mine at a The Vitamin Shoppe and Vitacost. If you want to try Vitacost, PM me with your email and I will send you a link for 10$ off your first purchase. I will also get a 10$ credit on my next purchase. 

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 360 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 387 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 35 replies · 214 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 479 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 398 views
Recent Topics