What Starbucks can I have

Catie780
on 1/5/14 1:09 pm

Trying to stay super low carb. But would like a mocha frap or hot mocha. 

Any thoughts. 

aliceindietland
on 1/5/14 1:20 pm
RNY on 06/11/13

Definitely not a frap. :)

Sugar-free syrup definitely.  Cappuccinos are lower in calories than lattes because they use less milk. 

Starbucks' website also has nutrition info so you can look up the info for each individual drink, made how you like it.  (Nonfat or soy milk, or whatever.)

"The first thing I've got to do," said Alice to herself, as she wandered about in the wood, "is to grow to my right size again..." -- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Blog: http://therightsize.wordpress.com   Twitter: @therightsize  HW: 365  SW: 346 CW: 254

NEPoppy
on 1/5/14 3:21 pm - Hastings, NE

The only thing I ever get from Starbucks is a Venti Blonde Roast sometimes I get it with a touch of soymilk, but not usually. I like my coffee black hahaha. My GBP was April of 2012. My sister's GBP was Feb 2009 and she likes drinking the Hot Chocolate- non-fat 1/2 Syrup no whipped cream. she isn't a coffee drinker :)

Poppy

The Salty Hag
on 1/5/14 8:17 pm
RNY on 05/20/13

The "skinny" drinks use sugar free syrup and non-fat milk and skip the whipped cream. I had a skinny Peppermint Mocha the other day, and it was yummy!! It had 17 g of carbs for a Grande. I know they have a few skinny options.  

You can also get just black coffee and add what you want. 

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

Karen R.
on 1/5/14 9:23 pm
RNY on 04/14/13

A tall skim latte is 100 calories and 10 grams of protein.  It's my go-to drink.

5'4" | Pre Surgery BMI:  40.7 | Current BMI:  20.8 | SW:  237 |  CW:  121 |  GW:  125

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

PetHairMagnet
on 1/5/14 9:45 pm
RNY on 05/13/13

I generally avoid Starbucks, but I do meet a friend there monthly and I got a Blonde Holiday Roast with SF peppermint mocha last month. No milk because they only have soy and dairy, which I find amazing in this day and age. I sometimes bring my own tumbler with almond or flax milk already in it, but can live without that. I limit my non-protein drink calories to 25 a day. 

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

chris_ruff
on 1/6/14 12:39 am
RNY on 04/07/09 with

i drink alot of starbucks. i usually get a latte. if i want flavor, i'll add one shot of mocha. i don't get the sugar free versions of everything because sugar free syrups taste disgusting to me, but lots of people like them. 

if you want less milk, you could get an americano  or coffee misto, which just means that they add a bit of steamed milk to your otherwise just coffee drink. 

--Christina
Sarahakers11
on 1/6/14 4:20 am - Culpeper, VA
RNY on 06/04/13 with

Have you tried Big Trains Mocha and Vanilla Frappe drinks they are really good!  With 20g of protein and only 1-2 grams of sugar.  Equivalent to 1 cup of coffee I think with caffeine

HW - 297  start of Pre-op - 290.2   SW- 279.2   GW - 145    

The Depressed Hiker Blog

A middle aged over the hump and over what "I'm suppose to do" woman, with the wild spirit and a nasty case of depression and anxiety!

PetHairMagnet
on 1/6/14 5:42 am
RNY on 05/13/13
On January 6, 2014 at 12:20 PM Pacific Time, Sarahakers11 wrote:

Have you tried Big Trains Mocha and Vanilla Frappe drinks they are really good!  With 20g of protein and only 1-2 grams of sugar.  Equivalent to 1 cup of coffee I think with caffeine

Do they have Big Train at Starbucks now?

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Sarahakers11
on 1/6/14 6:30 am - Culpeper, VA
RNY on 06/04/13 with

no I should have been more clear I was just offering an alternative that could be made at home

HW - 297  start of Pre-op - 290.2   SW- 279.2   GW - 145    

The Depressed Hiker Blog

A middle aged over the hump and over what "I'm suppose to do" woman, with the wild spirit and a nasty case of depression and anxiety!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 350 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 383 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 477 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 395 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 15 replies · 68 views
Recent Topics