need help

hockeydad2013
on 1/5/14 11:47 pm - Canada

I had my surgery on Oct 11, 2013 and it went great, no pain was up walking that night textbook, was taking my vitamins on the next day ( chewable from upurity). About the 17 of November I woke up in the night with a rash on my butt with some sores which has basically stayed inflammed since that day and itchy as can be, over the next week the res rash started to spred to my inner thighs and back of my legs to lower back. Then to my upper back and stomach and under my neck no face and a tiny one or two on hands.

I went to my GP and thought it was eczema or psoriasis ( i can't remember wihich one) he gave me a topical cortison creme and an oral antihistamine but neither did any good. I also tried relieve and benadryl which no help. I went back to see him and he gave me astronger creme and nothing. I then went to the ER it was so bad between xmas and new years and waited 5 hours to be told they can only treat the symptoms adn gave me Bendaryl. The doctor did say it wasn't bed bites or Scabies.

I have changed nothing in my routine with regards to soaps ( went to Aveena after rash appeared) food clothing etc. My kids did get a guinea pig but that was two weeks ago.I have dtired itch relief cremes and the only one that helps a little is gold bond but only for a few minutes. They rash get horribly itchy at night. I took a oatmeal bath last night and my whole body was covered in red after and no pain relief.

My GP begged a dermatologist to see me but it was 3 months in Ottawa and got one on Jan 16th but I can't wait that long. I haven't slept longer than 3 hours since November. Has anyone else had this problem.

ps called the clinic were I had the procedure and basically they said its not a side affect go see your gp

robynimac229
on 1/5/14 11:57 pm
RNY on 08/21/13

I have no idea what it is, but I hope the Dermo can give you what you need when see him on the 16th. Good luck. If it helps any, I have heard that bed bug bties hurts.

Best of luck.

Robyn

HW 249 -  CW 158 - GW 115  Blog: http://robynsweightlossjourney.blogspot.com/

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

hockeydad2013
on 1/6/14 12:07 am - Canada

Thanks , the ER doctor told me it wasn't bed bugs or scabies 

MrsLitch
on 1/6/14 1:44 am - Morris, IL
RNY on 06/04/12

my daughter has a rash similar to what you are describing. It has gone on for over a year with multiple trips to doctors and no luck with cremes etc. We too asked about bed bugs and scabies as she had just moved into her own apt. Well almost a year later come to find out her apt was infested with bed bugs even though countless doctors said that it was in no way bed bugs. We threw away almost everything in her apt. washed everything down with rubbing alcohol and had an exterminator in. Bed bugs gone, rash is still there almost 2 months later. Went back to doctor saw nurse practioner explained everything to her. Turns out some people are allergic to the bites and they present this way instead of the "normal" way. Now that they are gone her body is still having an allergic reaction and she was given new meds. Not saying this is what it is with you, however you did stay in a hospital, they have been known to pop up in institutions. If other advice does not work have a doctor check into this and get you the appropriate meds to see if they help. Things don't always look as the text book says they should look.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

5' 3" - HW: 244 SW:234  GW:120 LW: 107 CW:110 Made goal 3/16/13!    

Missella20
on 1/6/14 12:11 am
RNY on 07/11/13

Wow! I hope you get relief ASAP! I just took my daughter to the dermatologist and she has eczema. My son had a rash 5 years ago and the same dermatologist couldn't say what it was but both times he prescribed Aveena 50 billions times a day! He also prescribed a high content cortisone cream. And it worked for my son in about a week. Can you try allergy free soap or baby soap like Dreft?

HW 264    SW 234    CW 149    5'4" 

Mary Catherine
on 1/6/14 12:17 am

Our amazing bodies have about 10 trillion skin cells.  About 30,000 to 40,000 of them fall off every hour and we lose about 1 million per day.  Rapid weight loss means that a lot more cells are dying off and they get stuck on top of the epidermis.  New cells are forming underneath the old ones and when they cannot get to the surface they fester and cause rashes and blisterlike sores.

I had itching so bad, I wanted to just scratch the skin off.  Creams just made it worse. 

All of the things that should relieve it just managed to make it worse.  I finally realized that it was started by old dead skin cells that were not shedding quickly enough.   I likened it to having flour all over my body and then adding cream turned it into something like pie dough. 

Stop all creams and lotions and get some exfolianting soap.  Use a soft dry bath brush on your itchy spots before bathing.  Bathe with exfolianting soap.  Rub briskly when drying.  You are aiming for getting off the outer layers of dead skin cells so that new cells can get to the surface. 

Relief will start quickly and the itching will soon be gone.  During the rapid losing phase exfoliating will make you much more comfortable.

hockeydad2013
on 1/6/14 12:33 am - Canada

Thanks I will go to the health store to buy the sops and brush. The blister sores are the worst 

SteveWebb
on 1/6/14 3:32 am - NC

White Dove you are brilliant!  I love your response.  I haven't had surgery just yet but I have sensitive skin.  I will buy what I need and follow your suggestions after surgery. 

Jeremiah 29:11 " For I know the thoughts that I think towards you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end". 

Mary Catherine
on 1/6/14 3:42 am

Why thank you Steve.  I doubt if any doctor would figure this out.  I just realized what worked for me, and it has worked for other post-ops with the same symptoms.

basilmk
on 1/6/14 12:44 am - FL
RNY on 01/07/14

Shingles?

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 541 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?