Slowing down

lilisasmith3
on 1/6/14 9:11 pm
RNY on 01/31/13

I am 11 months out from RNY. I workout like crazy. I have even started running again ( I have MS so that is huge) here's the problem. I tend to stall for at least 6 weeks every time I loose about 10 lbs. it's depressing. And since it was the holidays I actually GAINED 6 lbs because of all the extra junk I ate (I don't dump. I wish I did). I know I need to get back to basics and increase my protein (I get about 80) but I'm afraid of gaining it all back. I haven't been this small in 20 yrs. I don't remember wearing a size 8 ever. 

Patm
on 1/6/14 10:01 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

I gained about 5 pounds over Christmas as well. I also do not dump. All you can do as far as I can see is get back to basics and limit the stuff like sugar and simple carbs. It is awesome you are running. I wish I could but all these years of being over weight has left my joints in rough shape. Good luck to you. I haver lost 2 of my re-gain but know I am still eating the wrong foods.

AnnieD9999
on 1/7/14 2:51 am - Columbus, OH

I seem to be in the same boat as you. I run at least 3 times a week at least 3 miles , and do resistance/ weight training in my non run days (although I have to admit I usually end up not working out on non run days)  I am about .2 pounds away from being in the 140s and hoping to be there this week sometime, but it seems to take me a really long time after I lose about 10 pounds to start losing again. I don't dump either, and I'm sure my love for peanut M&Ms doesn't help with the sluggishness. But I would say this....I will be completely happy with my body if I don't make my last 20 pounds to goal, I'm also in a size 8/10, never even thought that was possible, I've changed my life for the better and live a healthy life, obviously I indulge every once in awhile and sometimes days in a row, but nothing like how I lived before. Don't sweat the small stuff, you've completely rearranged your life and changed it for the better. That's something to celebrate in my opinion. 

onebigcelt
on 1/7/14 3:10 am - midlothian, VA
RNY on 11/22/13

Hey ya'll I would suggest you switch it up with a new exercise. Try swimming. If swimming is boring throw some flippers on or some hand paddles to increase the resistance. This works large muscle groups you don't normally use and you will trick your body into loosing again.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 474 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 440 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 439 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 374 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 103 views
Forum Search Error & 404