Facebook group drama READ THIS!

mzlaura
on 1/7/14 12:14 pm - Litchfield, NH
RNY on 03/05/13

I am simply having a horrible day then i read this from a moderator of the group i am in with all bariatric patients. Irritated to no end this is so wrong and the most rediculous things i have ever heard!!

First one!

Good Lord....I step out for 2 hours for a seminar and I am getting ripped to shreds. Seriously.....the is no misinformed information here. Every single post on vitamins as always been addressed as stated. As for Sleever succeeding better than RNY.....sorry if that offends you because you are RNY....BUT...statistics are starting to show that Sleevers are having a greater Weight Loss and are working harder. Honestly.....in this group alone, there are a ton of hard working sleevers that are losing more and faster than RNY patients. One reason....choices of food. That is fact. Sorry. I just finished a WEBINAR on weight regain and sat here shaking my head at the items that patients admitted (on the webinar) that they eat everyday and cannot understand why they are gaining. it is what it isI also had RNY and don't regret it. But there are a lot of sleever here in this group that are making it great because of their choices. I'm not saying RNY people aren't.I am going by what comments and posts patients are making.

OH AND THIS...

Diabetes is not cureable with WLS. It just goes dormant and can come back in the future.

Let me know if you want the group name so you can STAY AWAY!!

HW: 401  SW: 297  CW: 200.8
RNY gastric bypass surgery on March 5th, 2013

MrsLitch
on 1/7/14 1:12 pm - Morris, IL
RNY on 06/04/12

The reality is that diabetes is not "cured" with WLS. It is considered in remission. If it was a cure we wouldn't have people on this board who are successful and still have it.

The top paragraph is too hard to follow without seeing the other statements.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

5' 3" - HW: 244 SW:234  GW:120 LW: 107 CW:110 Made goal 3/16/13!    

indybuttercup
on 1/7/14 7:23 pm - Indianapolis, IN
It is crap. My Dr told me surgery was the only known cure for it and went on to say tell me now if u have a sweet addiction and I will remove 150 feet vs 100 and u wiI be ill every time u eat sweet. I was a fast food eater and 100 foot did me fine. She talked about and I know a lady that lost a ton of weight and went to drive thru for shakes and bragged she didn't dump because she lied so they would remove less. It is a partnership of trust to pick the best option, and there are many!

Nikke2003
on 1/7/14 9:46 pm - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

LOL.... I find the first paragraph to be confusing as well. Am I reading correctly that this person is saying that VSGers are superior, work harder, and lose more weight than RNY patients because of their food choices? That sounds pretty silly to me.

I mean, at my weight management clinic, I have lost a lot more weight, much faster than RNY patients, but it has nothing to do with my surgery. I want to be fit, healthy, and close to a "normal" weight so badly that I've been incredibly strict. That's my personality - not my surgery. I am the only VSG patient at my office's location, at least that I'm aware of and again, it has to do with my personality and personal goals. Others in the group have gained weight back, or haven't lost all of their excess weight and they are as happy as a clam.... they wanted to get off their meds and they succeeded. That was their goal, that's their personality, they don't have the desire to lose any more weight. I don't think that it has anything to do with which surgery they had.

I would like to see the "statistics" that she talks about... I love it when people reference stuff like this and clearly don't have any information to back it up! LOL

For more info on my journey & goals, visit my blog at http://flirtybythirty.wordpress.com

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 566 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 351 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 198 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 457 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 371 views
Recent Topics