Grateful

indybuttercup
on 1/7/14 10:19 pm - Indianapolis, IN
I am grateful for my Dr *****fused to do lapband on me at 550, even though I said I am scared, it is less invasive and I don't want to die. She looked me in the face, spoke to me logically and said I am a dr. my mortality rate is lower than general surgery. I went to school for a long time for this and you have to trust me. She said I can't guarentee you will live it has risks but I can guarentee you will die if you don't do it. she said trust me I wouldn't touch you if I thought it was too late and my insurance rates wouldr go up. We laughed. She felt like my best friend, teacher and mother all rolled into one. She refered me to this site. For this site, all of you, all of our same and different experiances and surgeries. You guys have inspired me, made me laugh and made me cry. We all have a common bond and many valuable experiances to share. We were all afraid and curious about surgery. I would dare say almost all of us lurked before we posted our photos, loud and proud. I left the site for a few years and as I am nearing plastics I felt the need for your love and support again. Just wanted to say I love and value you all:) Stay warm and be healthy!

SteveWebb
on 1/7/14 10:25 pm - NC

God bless you Buttercup, I hope all goes well with the plastics.  I'm getting close to the approval stage and I appreciate all that you vets do that encourages me.

Jeremiah 29:11 " For I know the thoughts that I think towards you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end". 

Patm
on 1/8/14 12:03 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Congratulations. You have done amazing. Good luck with the plastics.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 424 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 404 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 254 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 295 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 113 views
Recent Topics