BACK TO WORK TODAY

Lisa87
on 1/8/14 7:07 am
RNY on 12/13/13

I went back to school today!

A lot of my teacher friends came in to say hello and see how I was getting along.  Then some of my closer friends came in and asked some more questions about what I was eating, etc........

One of them was all distraught when I told her I didn't have any cake for my birthday. She asked if I could have just licked the icing. On the inside I was screaming, " NO I couldn't just lick the icing!!!!!" If I had that kind of will power I wouldn't have ballooned to morbidly obese! She seemed really put off by my response of not wanting to partake in eating sugar and what not.

She has been a " food pusher " in my life for the last 10 years! Cakes for every birthday, donoughts just because, and when I car pooled with her, we would have to go through McDonald's everyday! Needless to say I have been putting distance between her and me. She's kinda toxic to me, I would say, in the food department that is!

Lisa87 

5'4"

MTD
on 1/8/14 8:50 am

Good for you Lisa, it looks part of your friends socialization is eating sweets. If you like fruits, you might want to tell her that you traded sweets for fruits and when there is a birthday party...bring fruit.  That way you can still participate but keep healthy eating habits.

Lisa87
on 1/8/14 10:09 am
RNY on 12/13/13

I like that!!!! Thanks!

PetHairMagnet
on 1/8/14 8:12 pm
RNY on 05/13/13
On January 8, 2014 at 4:50 PM Pacific Time, MTD wrote:

Good for you Lisa, it looks part of your friends socialization is eating sweets. If you like fruits, you might want to tell her that you traded sweets for fruits and when there is a birthday party...bring fruit.  That way you can still participate but keep healthy eating habits.

Of course, do not eat those until they are in your plan. I am 8 months out and can have one or two berries a day, but I choose not to eat them for the most part. I have had a blackberry and a strawberry and that is it. 

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

mittens20
on 1/8/14 11:59 am - MD

how long were you out of work and good for you i got aproved today i am so happy

Lisa87
on 1/8/14 11:53 pm
RNY on 12/13/13
On January 8, 2014 at 7:59 PM Pacific Time, mittens20 wrote:

how long were you out of work and good for you i got aproved today i am so happy

I was out of work for almost 4 weeks! 

I am so happy I had that amount of time! 

Good luck to you on your journey!

rvtisme
on 1/8/14 12:25 pm
RNY on 12/16/13

The majority of my friends are all food pushers. We tend to eat out and indulge whenever we get together! Not sure how I'm going to handle that yet.  I haven't met with them yet.

By the way we have similar stories actually.

*I work at a school. (Office)

*My surgery was 12/16/13 (also worked out perfectly due to the Christmas break)

*I had umbilical hernia repair along with the WLS.

*My surgery date was given to me with one weeks notice, due to a cancelation.

Good luck to you. I hope you can find a happy medium with your friend.

HW: 355, SW 314.2, GW: 165 - Surgery Date 12/16/13

Lisa87
on 1/8/14 11:56 pm
RNY on 12/13/13

OMG that is too funny! We do have a lot in common with our journey!!!!! I lucked out due to the cold weather and road conditions~ I got an extra 2 days off!  LOVED THAT!

I am sure it will all work out! Forgive and forget and MOVE ON!!!! Life is too short and I plan on living it to the fullest with this gift I have been given!

How is everything going for you?

rvtisme
on 1/9/14 1:30 am
RNY on 12/16/13

Good actually. I gotta get more walking into my day though, hopefully when I'm back at work, although I have a sit down job, I will be more active, you KNOW how busy schools are. Getting kinda bored with my food choices. A little bit afraid to experiment with new foods. Getting more ideas of what to cook for myself from this website.  So now that I'm nearing restricted solids stage, I think I need to open up my horizons and not be afraid to try spices. Keeping my fingers crossed they and my new pouch agree.

Take care and Have a great day

renee

HW: 355, SW 314.2, GW: 165 - Surgery Date 12/16/13

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 532 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 514 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 393 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 230 views