Stuck again

brendastar11
on 1/8/14 1:42 pm - PITTSGROVE, NJ

Every time I  hit around 225  my body won't give up any weight. It has happened before,and I started gaining. The doctor said don't go below 1200 calories. I don't lose at 1200. Then I go to 1000. Still not losing. Up,and down the same 5 lbs for months. I can't do any hard exercising because of back,and knee problems. Please! I need some good suggestions. Has anyone had this problem,and overcome it. I had RNY done 6/30/2012. I need to lose 55 more lbs. I want to get there by 6/2014 or before. Please help if you had this problem.will greatly appreciate it. Brendastar11

eeyoremom2
on 1/8/14 9:58 pm - WI
RNY on 06/01/12

I wish I had advice I too have been stuck for months with the same 5lbs no matter what  i do. Would love to see what other says in the mean time i send you ((((hugs))))

5' 2" HW: 240.2 SW: 234.2 CW: 162.1 GW: 137lbs                  

"No dream is out of reach as long as you believe it."

"With faith all things are possible" 

brendastar11
on 1/9/14 1:53 am - PITTSGROVE, NJ

Thank you for caring. If I find the magic to get over the mountain I'll  let you know . Brendastar11

Mary Catherine
on 1/8/14 10:00 pm

My magic number to lose one pound a week is 800.  For me, I should be able to lose 24 pounds if I constantly stuck to 800 calories between now on the end of June.  To lose 55 pounds would take me over one year.

The 800 calories is combined with at least one hour a day of treadmill or water aerobics.  For me it does not matter if the calories come from carbs or protein. 

Because our bodies have lost so much weight in the past, most of us are able to hold on to weight better than someone who never gained a lot weight.  One weight loss surgeon believes that there is 20% difference in the amount of calories we need to maintain or lose.

Water aerobics can give you a great workout without pain the next day and even is good for those with back and knee problems.  There are arthritis water classes that could be very helpful. Find a way to get in the exercise, it is so much harder to lose weight without it.

brendastar11
on 1/9/14 1:50 am - PITTSGROVE, NJ

I agree with you. I'll try cutting the calories. Thank you, brendastar11

PetHairMagnet
on 1/8/14 10:56 pm
RNY on 05/13/13

What does your nutritionist say? 1200 seems like a lot given her outline until you are maintaining weight, not trying to lose. I am limited to 800 and under 700 most days. Also, are you eating a protein rich diet with plenty of hydration?

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

brendastar11
on 1/9/14 1:48 am - PITTSGROVE, NJ

Thank you for your reply. I have not been eating enough protein. You are right. I thought it was to many calories,but that's what my surgeon said,and my family doctor. I am adding a protein shake a day now. Thank you for your input .appreciated. Brendastar11

chulbert
on 1/8/14 11:36 pm - Rochester, NY
RNY on 01/21/13

My standard response whenever someone says they can't lose any more weight at X calories per day is to ask, "Are you positive that's all your eating?"  Are you being completely honest with yourself?  Male or female, young or old, just about anyone should lose weight at 1200 calories per day.  If you are absolutely certain beyond any doubt you're eating no more than 1200 calories per day, day after day, but you're not losing any weight then you should consider consulting your physician about other possible issues.

Further, you don't need to do hard exercise.  Can you walk?  Can you work up to 10,000 steps per day?  Even light exercise will add up to real results over time

Best wishes.

brendastar11
on 1/9/14 1:42 am - PITTSGROVE, NJ

Thank you for your reply. I use fitness pal to record my intake. I know I need to put more exercise in my day, today I did lose .6 . It's not much, but I will never give up. I'm going to try more protein. I don't eat red meat,but there is many substitutes. I have lost 120 lbs total. I have to look at the big picture,and still take small steps to reach my goal. Thank you so much for caring. Brendastar11

SkinnyScientist
on 1/9/14 5:19 am

Hi !  I saw you had back and knee issues.

Can you walk?  If so, try walking UPHILL (i.e. set the treadmill with an incline).

The slight tilt (i.e. 3-5%) didnt aggrevate my L5-S1 issue (if that is yours).  It did WONDERFUL things for the rear view too!

Just try a little at a time.

Also, walking BACKWARDS on a flat surface burns more calories that walking forward. So try walking backward in a safe environment.

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 486 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 446 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 453 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 396 views