NSV

Dan M.
on 1/14/14 10:35 am - Stone Ridge, VA

I had a very nice Non Scale Victory this Week. 

I ride the DC Metro to and from work everyday. The train gets very packed and I always stand because I take up too much room in the seats. This week it was a slow day because of a snow storm. There was a lot if empty seats and I sat day in one. A few stops later the train was full and a person had to sit with me.  she went to sit down and I was prepared to crunch my self over so I was not spilling over into her side.  But to my surprise she sat down and there was enough room for both of us to sit. 

I almost shed shed a tear in joy!  

I see the scale moving down but it is hard for me to see it in the mirror. 

I am down 40 lbs since surgery (11/19/13) and 103 lbs since July of 2013. 

Pre-op:  Lost 60 pounds
RYN Surgery on 11/19/2013 

moonandstarzz
on 1/14/14 10:43 am - Decatur, AL
Revision on 12/18/13

congrats I know how happy that makes you. keep up the good work and stay positive.

(deactivated member)
on 1/14/14 10:52 am
VSG on 03/26/14
Oh how wonderful!!!!
Courtney D.
on 1/14/14 10:55 am

Awesome! Keep it up! 

dawnpsmith
on 1/14/14 11:08 am

Excellent!  Those little things we notice are so big... Wrists are smaller, feeling bones in face, seat belt doesn't stretch as far, etc...fitting in a seat differently.   I'm so happy for you!

QoftheU
on 1/14/14 11:42 am - Bay Area/Silicon Valley, CA
Revision on 12/18/13
That is one of coolest NSV's I've read - it's just those little things skinny people never even THINK about... and yet we do - every single day. And today, you thought about it, but it turned out GOOD! Yay YOU!

Oh, and here's a fun think to do; I bought some brown wrapping paper and about ten different color sharpies. After cutting off a piece about 6' long, I taped the paper up in the spare room and used some tape to mark where to stand on the floor. And every month, my BF is going to trace around my body as I lean back against the wall so I can actually SEE myself getting smaller! Cuz it's so true - you just don't 'see' yourself getting smaller huh? But we ARE! I'm getting ready to do my second tracing tomorrow!

p.s. Sharpie ink can stain the wall (and your body!), so be careful to buy THICK brown paper - the kind you can ship packages in.

Leslie - Band Revision to RNY - best thing ever!   HW: 234   SW: 222  CW: Ticker  GW: 130

tbearluv
on 1/14/14 2:05 pm
RNY on 11/20/13

Congrats! I'm looking forward to flying and not getting that look of someone who does not want to sit next to me because I'm taking up two seats! 

pathchic
on 1/14/14 6:32 pm - FL
RNY on 08/07/13

Fantastic!  And just wait till you go on an airplane...

nurl
on 1/14/14 8:42 pm
RNY on 05/14/13
Congrats!!!! That is such a great feeling I have to fly from time to time for work. Going to San Francisco next week flying was always a terrible experience for me. Now I fit in the seat comfortably . I too have to let my brain catch to my weight loss. Keep up the great work.

Jewelsstevens
on 1/14/14 10:31 pm - Crandall, TX
RNY on 09/18/12

That is so awesome! Congrats!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 543 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 527 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 415 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?