Yogurt...

gtrdyfor50
on 1/15/14 7:22 am
RNY on 10/08/13
I typically do not like yogurt, at all. I have tried many of them, and just couldn't get on board. In the early weeks after surgery, I did have some Dannon Light and Fit Greek Strawberry when I was in the soft food stage, didn't enjoy it, but needed to have it.

Because I feel the need to expand my protein horizon right now, I looked at the Dannon Light and Fit Greek area today at the store and saw the Key Lime. hmmmm Well, I am eating it right now and it is so good! It doesn't have as much of that yogurt taste that I didn't like.

Just thought I would rec it!

blopez579
on 1/15/14 7:48 am
RNY on 09/11/13

Oh, that sounds great! My store only carries blueberry and strawberry.  going on a treasure hunt soon!

PS.  I like plain greek yogurt with a tablespoon of sugar free fruit preserves, and maybe a squirt of s.f. syrup. 

dragonlove
on 1/15/14 8:00 am
RNY on 11/20/13

My favorite flavors in the Dannon Light and Fit Greek are:  Cherry, Peach, Key Lime, Coconut, Vanilla.  Hubby liked the Blueberry. I didn't care for the Banana Cream, but he liked it. Hope you can find somewhere that gives you more flavors to choose from.

Pam (RNY: 11/20/2013)

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 1/15/14 8:17 am - OH

I like Greek yogurt, but even I don't care for the Dannon L&F strawberry flavor!  It just doesn't have enough strawberry flavor and what strawberry flavor it does have is very bland.  Like strawberries that didn't ripen fully.

I do, however, really like the vanilla, cherry, blueberry, key lime, banana cream (fairly new), and peach. The raspberry and coconut are ok for a change of pace, but I am not a particular fan of pineapple.  (I would eat it before the strawberry, though!)  

Anyway, I would encourage you to try the other flavors. Wih so much protein for so few calories, it is hard to beat as a healthy choice!

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

pathchic
on 1/15/14 9:17 am - FL
RNY on 08/07/13

I've never been a fan of any of the flavors- but I've gotten in the habit of using the plain Greek, adding 3 Splenda, a drop or two of vanilla and then whatever fruit I like- really tasty!  Some times I will also sprinkle in some cinnamon and dip apple slices in it- very treat-like... My mouth is watering just thinking about it...

gtrdyfor50
on 1/15/14 10:05 am
RNY on 10/08/13
Thanks you guys, all great tips!

MickeyDee
on 1/15/14 11:38 am

A large container (32 oz) of 0% Fat Fages or Oikos yoghurt

8 oz of frozen fruit (I like to use the Tropical mix for smoothies, with mango, strawberry, banana) Try peaches or strawberries or blueberries, too. I let the frozen fruit thaw before adding it to the yoghurt.  I like using canned mandarin oranges with bananas as well.

Sugar-free Torani Vanilla flavoring to your taste

Mix and enjoy.  

Ladytazz
on 1/15/14 12:24 pm

The toasted coconut is really good, too.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

AllisonKara
on 1/15/14 1:07 pm

If you do not like yogurt, its fine. many people don't like some dairy products. I would suggest you give a try to soy, my favorite almonds coconut or chia seeds. They are good alternatives to yogurt and in some ways, better than yogurt. However, consuming dairy good is recommended for a good health.

SteveWebb
on 1/15/14 10:04 pm - NC

I've had the key lime it was great.  I love strawberry too.

Jeremiah 29:11 " For I know the thoughts that I think towards you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end". 

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 467 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 448 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 286 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 323 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 122 views
Recent Topics