One and a half years out (with pics)

a_better_life81
on 1/27/14 5:36 am - Concord, NC
RNY on 07/24/12

Well, I don't post very often on  here. I look and read a lot and think back on my journey and I relate to others. I follow blogs and talk privately to people. Mostly, I just stalk the boards and live my own journey. However, this week is my 1 and half year anniversary of my surgery and I can't even believe my life sometimes. For those who think it's not possible, can't imagine yourself smaller or living and enjoying life.. I know where you are! I never imagined myself where I am now and now I can't imagine my life not being here. 

It's not been all roses. I have had an ulcer, some stalls that lasted months, some ups, downs, two MAJOR family losses that challenged me. I have some things I am working through and my rock solid marriage with our 12 year vowel renewal over the Summer has had to find new ground of understanding. I found confidence I never had or thought I needed. I do things for me, about me and for myself (as in I can get things for myself) I don't NEED people in my life I want them there. This has been very hard on my husband to understand. Before, I needed him here. I needed him to care for me, do for me, boost me up, tell me I was pretty, tell me I was worth being around. Now, I don't NEED anything from anyone. I know I am worth it, I know I can do things, I want to do things and I am happy. I love being able to run, I love working out, I love being happy! I love love being okay. I WANT him around because I love him, because I love being with him and love being loved by him. Things are easier and better but it's taken time for him to not be intimidated by my new confidence and freedom I have within myself. 

Everything you are going through, all the things you keep saying to yourself are going to happen. You are strong enough to get to the end, strong enough to make this happen if you really want it. I am pretty steady in my weight. I have been the same weight for about 6 months. I fluctuate up and down the same 6 lbs either way .. normal they tell me. I am always with in 5 lbs of my surgeons goal and 10 of mine, but I am healthy, happy and don't care if I ever reach it! 

I have included some pictures of me from the night before my surgery and Oct. I still look just like this, so I have not taken updates pics. 

Do yourself a favor.. something I did and am so glad I did. Take monthly pictures! Front, side and back.. It was amazing to me. When I could not see the differences, when I would get discouraged by progress or lack of. My husband would pull out the pictures or take new ones.  I use a stitching program online to put them together for the side by sides and it was always an eye opener to see where I had gotten to. You see yourself every day, so it's easy to lose yourself in the changes that happen so fast in the start! 

worldtraveler07
on 1/27/14 5:43 am
Revision on 02/12/14 with

Thank you so much for posting and the advice! I think I am afraid if the change but embracing a new way of living without meds. Will take the advice and take pictures each month, again thank you.

SkinnyScientist
on 1/27/14 5:53 am

HI!

Thanks for posting this! You certainly had a transformation!

It seems that we have similar starting weights and goal weights too!

Your posting is very encouraging and motivating.

Thank you!

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

SteveWebb
on 1/27/14 6:07 am - NC

You look fantastic and your story is very inspirational.  Thanks for sharing.  God bless you and your family.

Jeremiah 29:11 " For I know the thoughts that I think towards you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end". 

tdbull
on 1/27/14 8:20 am - WA
RNY on 08/13/13
Congrats on your success - and your vow renewal. What an awesome and inspirational post for all of us, especially us newbies.

Lapband surgery in 2009 -  Revision to RNY August 13, 2013 with gallbladder removal.

HW - (260)   SW - (197)   GW - (135), updated on 1-2-14 to 125lbs  HT 5'5"  Goal reached 3/2/14-revised goal to 120 on 3/9/14   reached 4/6/14             

Calla Lily
on 1/27/14 11:08 am
RNY on 01/23/12

Awesome success! Congrats!

RNY 01/23/12, HW 265, CW 115, Height 5'6"

Karen R.
on 1/27/14 11:48 am
RNY on 04/14/13

You look amazing!  Well done.

5'4" | Pre Surgery BMI:  40.7 | Current BMI:  20.8 | SW:  237 |  CW:  121 |  GW:  125

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

ReginaPhelange
on 1/27/14 7:57 pm
RNY on 02/24/14

Thanks. Everyday I get closer to surgery I freak out a little more.  I wonder if this is possible and then I see post like this and I know it is. 

Spots- N-Dots
on 1/27/14 9:00 pm

Inspiring ! You look amazing and have done a great job !

" Never let your dreams rust "   

Ocalasam
on 1/27/14 9:39 pm
RNY on 12/18/12

You sound like you are in a really good place and you look fantastic.  You also look so much younger!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 530 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 501 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 359 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 187 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 327 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?