Favorite accurate scale suggestions. Please.

Catie780
on 1/29/14 11:13 pm

Ok so I am not afraid of the scale any more but need a new one at home. Mine is not really accurate.

Is digital best?  Are there brands that everyone (but me ) knows are the best/ better ?  TIA for suggestions. 

I went through a patch of hating the scale because it was different from the surgeons and GP s scale.  But now that I am not going as often I want a new scale that is accurate and will let me have a healthy relationship with IT.

I am at the gym three times a week doing cardio and weights and am following my food guidelines well. I am preparing myself mentally to not freak out about the scale. 

I have gotten into size 16 pants -down from 24 and count that as a great accomplishment.

i have done the scary bra measurement thing that was mt last fear inducing thingy. It was not as mortifying as I expected because I went with my BFF n had an awesome lady do the measuring. My girls never looked so high and perky. :-) :-) 46 inches to 38. Still don't believe it. 

now the scale relationship is my next thing to tackle !!!!

Thanks for being out there in cyberland supporting me. 

(deactivated member)
on 1/29/14 11:19 pm

I have a weigh****chers scale.It is pretty accurate. They have them on sale at Costco.I usually will weigh myself after I go to the doctors and compare.Just don't become a slave to it.You are doing a great job on your weight loss so far.I am starting just getting on the scale once a week or two times a week.

DietPrincess
on 1/29/14 11:23 pm

I use the weigh****chers scale.  I find that it is pretty accurate.

RNY  2/27/2014

chulbert
on 1/29/14 11:32 pm - Rochester, NY
RNY on 01/21/13

This is a fantastic scale:

http://www.amazon.com/EatSmart-Precision-Digital-Bathroom-Technology/dp/B001KXZ808/?tag=thewire06-20

emmalyn
on 1/30/14 1:19 am

I also have a weigh****chers scale I purchased from Costco. I love it!

Gwen M.
on 1/30/14 3:41 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I love my Withings scale!  It even syncs with sites like trendweights.com  And it measures body fat as well.  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Mimisocks
on 1/30/14 4:36 am - PA
RNY on 07/08/13

I have a Tanita scale, which I have found to accurate.  It also gives you  body fat analysis, if you wanted to keep track of that as well.

Believe in yourself and don't ever stop dreaming!

PetHairMagnet
on 1/30/14 10:59 am
RNY on 05/13/13

Make sure you are not near the limit. So if you weight 185, don't buy one with a 200 lb limit. My doctor swears that it is less accurate when you are near the top of the scale. The Aria wireless scale will upload and track progress which is great. At our other house we have a digital Health-o-meter and it is basic but absolutely AOK and I think it goes to 440 lbs. The WW model at Costco was just on special for 14.99 with the coupon...I am not sure if it still is but even at 20, can't go wrong!

I find that both the Aria and the HoM are within 2 lbs at the surgeons office and frankly, I think that is just clothing, so I am quite pleased with both!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 543 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 527 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 416 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 299 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 129 views
Recent Topics