Children Visit

bdaycakegirl
on 1/30/14 3:10 am

For those of you with young children, did they visit you in the hospital? My DD is 5, she understands about the surgery and has even started making me cards and gifts to take so I will be "cheered up." 

The hospital has a special bariatric ward, so I am not too concerned about her being exposed to staph or other hospital germs.

Would you do a visit?

hw: 311  cw:304  sw:???  gw:150

SteveWebb
on 1/30/14 3:13 am - NC

I would if the hospital allowed it.  Some I have been to don't allow small Children in the rooms.  Just check their policy.

Jeremiah 29:11 " For I know the thoughts that I think towards you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end". 

(deactivated member)
on 1/30/14 4:24 am

My kids are 3 and 4, so a little younger than yours.  I am not going to have mine come visit.  Even though they will understand when I tell them where I'll be, I don't want them to see me in that hospital bed and be afraid that it was worse than it is.  At that young age even though they 'get it', I think it's a whole other ball game when they see you.  Total personal decision, but I have decided against it. 

Heather D.
on 1/30/14 5:05 am

Nope! It was 2 peaceful, quiet days for me to learn about my new insides. Love my hubs but he was nervous enough without having to deal with the boys!!!

That said, they are used to me being gone. I work night shift and often don't get home until 10-11am (around 16 hour shifts). I then go to bed and repeat. So me being gone wasn't that much an issue. 

big42long
on 1/30/14 5:12 am - OH

You do need to check what the visitation policy is for children. Mine were permitted. I have a 17, 12, and 4 year old. Right now the hospitals here do not permit anybody under the age of 14 due to flu season

CerealKiller Kat71
on 1/30/14 5:39 am
RNY on 12/31/13

My son is a bit older - 8 years - and he did come visit me.  He also called me and text me on his ipad.  He really missed me and I really missed him!  I would definitely ask on your daughter's behalf.  :-)

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

(deactivated member)
on 1/30/14 6:04 am

I would wait to see how you are feeling.I think if she wants to come see you and you are up to it. I know it can be hard to see them when you are not feeling well.I would just wait and not worry right now.I know easy for me to say.

bdaycakegirl
on 1/30/14 6:15 am

Thanks everyone. This is like my third planning posts, and what I am basically learning, is I can't plan too much, I'll have to wait and see. I'm a planner, but I guess I have to let that go.

hw: 311  cw:304  sw:???  gw:150

(deactivated member)
on 1/30/14 9:28 am

I am a planner to.Which isn't always a bad thing.

gtrdyfor50
on 1/30/14 6:16 am
RNY on 10/08/13
My 10 yr old son really, really wanted to come see me the second day I was in. I tried to discourage it because I thought him seeing me like that would affect him. He really wanted to come up, so he did. I was right, it did freak him out a bit. He was only there for about 30 mins, it was enough so that he could see I was okay.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 505 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 472 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 418 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 423 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 154 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?