WLS Failure

waarce
on 2/4/14 12:08 am - Pasadena, CA

Well had my WLS on February 2005 and went from 320 to 150 rather quickly.  Then after awhile, I started gaining weight again gaining over 100 pounds.  I still can't eat much but, I guess making poor choices made it a failure for me.  Now, without a revision, I have decided to make my old WLS work for me again.  Yesterday I went to buy protein from Costco in order to replace dinner with a protein shake, also will start doing an all protein breakfast and lunch.  Cut on the carbs, eliminate sodas completely, even diet and see if I can jump start my system in order lose most the gained weight.  I have to admit that I was way too skinny, I had issues with the WLS and the weight gain happened after a scope was done on me.  I have chronic kidney disease, my blood pressure has been normal and my blood work for cholesterol and tryglicerides have been in the normal range so, I am assuming that I am still having some benefits from the WLS.  Let's see how that goes.  Current weight is 265 goal weight 180.

LilyBugsMommy
on 2/4/14 1:00 am - Kingston, Canada
RNY on 03/12/13

Sounds like you have a good plan in place.

Good luck & keep us posted :)

Dont forget your vitamins & water!

Referral to Ottawa: Jan/11 Info Session: May/11 Nurse: Feb/12 Dietician/Behavourist/Abdominal Scan: Apr/12 Pre-op Education Class: Feb. 6/13 Meet Surgeon  Feb.15/13 Surgery with Dr. Raiche March 12/13!!

The race isn't given to the swift nor the strong, but it's given to the ones who endure it to the end...

PetHairMagnet
on 2/4/14 1:05 am
RNY on 05/13/13

There is a back on track group, you might want to join it!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

H.A.L.A B.
on 2/4/14 1:08 am

try our Back on Tract Together (BOTT) group...

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Ladytazz
on 2/4/14 2:48 am, edited 2/4/14 2:48 am

Good for you!  You recognized your part in your weight gain and you are correcting it.  It sounds like you still have good restriction but if you feel like you are able to eat too much without being satisfied or you get hungry often you may want to see your surgeon and make sure everything is intact but it sounds like you biggest problem was poor food choices, which is very easy to do after time goes on.  Good luck to you and please stay plugged in.  I have found for myself and many others that can often be the difference between staying accountable or straying off track again.  It seems like the vets whe have been successful maintain support, either online or IRL or both.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

(deactivated member)
on 2/4/14 4:21 am

I have to say you are not a failure.A failure is someone who doesn't care and just thinks okay to keep gaining and gaining and not taking care of yourself.Look at the positive things you are doing every day to get back to a healthy and happy weight.We are so likely to beat ourselves up and not give ourselves any praise.I try to write down every day something positive I have done.It does make me feel better.Best Wishes to you.

dragonlove
on 2/5/14 1:42 am
RNY on 11/20/13

I'm proud of you for this!  Recognizing the problem and making the decision to fix things!  Good for you!

Pam (RNY: 11/20/2013)

dfarmer1196
on 2/5/14 9:47 pm
RNY on 10/16/12

Wow, I think it is great that you are so honest.  I too have gained weight.  I have never reached my goal weight.  But, you just inspired me and I am going to get back on track today.

Mimisocks
on 2/5/14 10:41 pm - PA
RNY on 07/08/13

Waarce,

Thank you for posting about your troubles following WLS.  I am still a newbie, but can appreciate that regain IS a real issue in WLS patients.  

Best wishes for success as you get back on track and let your tool work for you!

Believe in yourself and don't ever stop dreaming!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 420 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 374 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 423 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 195 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 408 views
Recent Topics